BHC

Jorge & Sons Moving?

On 7/22/2018 at 8:02 AM, Livesintrees said:

George the butcher. If you are on here, have someone buy the shop for you and then buy it from them lol. I haven’t gone to this place yet, but when I moved here that was my plan. Now where?

lives in trees I'm on here not that much but I am on here I remember you well and enjoyed bullshiting with you in my garage I can't put my finger on your name but my memory tells me you were in electrician I called him the minute he posted that that he was moving to South Carolina and in the back of my head I even thought about it for a minute for all the guys that don't know when I was working at ShopRite and butchering deer it was some of the happiest times of my life hard work absolutely but roughly 3 years ago my parents retired and me and my brother took over their business then we're doing quite well and like Jersey J if I got back into butchering hunting would be non-existent tuna fishing season would definitely be cut short for me to move up to Sussex I would definitely have to sell my home in Kearny and that would be a solid hour and 20-minute ride that's not something I'm looking to do while running businesses in Kearny the only way I could even consider getting back into the deer thing would be in Kearny or surrounding towns and the amount of anti that there are around here with jobs they give them the opportunity to be in ties and make my life impossible it's not worth the squeeze I just did it in Kearny for 2 years the business blew up to 500 year by my second season something that I was quite proud of pretty sure I'd be doing well over a thousand by now had I remained open I moved the shop to Newark and that was a bust I bought a commercial storefront in Lyndhurst zone for butcher shop but the construction official a dick head by the name of sidonis thinks he finds himself in the unique situation where he could not let a legitimate butcher shop open up because we cater to Hunters

On 7/22/2018 at 1:33 PM, Joeybeets said:

Someone that does quality work and ran a clean shop would definatly have success up in the Sussex county area. Anyone know what he is asking for the whole ball of wax. Or is he taking all the equipment with him??

575000 might leave coolers everything else goes

1 hour ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

He have a buyer? Hes leaving sept 1st?
I don't think so jay zillo says open house this weekend

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

by the way jay its George the butcher  2004boat was my old screen name on hunter too the thing with my name and wedding pic standing next to my late grand pa was with fb sign in

On 7/22/2018 at 6:41 PM, 230jhp said:

I have heard good things about Brian Laube in North Haledon. I guess I will be going with him in the future.

Anyone have his number

2 hours ago, 230jhp said:

Here's a link to the old site where no one goes anymore. Mods if posting links to that site isn't allowed please find a way to transmit the information to NJWW

https://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/76-butcher-reviews-information/14108-local-butchers-list.html

You can post what you like. All good thanks for the list that will help many 

• Agree 1

I am going to miss Jorge.

His chamber vacuum sealer kept the meat good for over a year without freezer burns. He also would hang the deer for 3 days before butchering it.

Anybody knows a butcher that uses the chamber vacuum sealer?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MeatEater said:

I am going to miss Jorge.

His chamber vacuum sealer kept the meat good for over a year without freezer burns. He also would hang the deer for 3 days before butchering it.

Anybody knows a butcher that uses the chamber vacuum sealer?

I wonder if another butcher is moving into his facility

2 minutes ago, 230jhp said:

I wonder if another butcher is moving into his facility

That is my hope of all hopes!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/23/2018 at 6:41 PM, Jorge Dossantos said:

lives in trees I'm on here not that much but I am on here I remember you well and enjoyed bullshiting with you in my garage I can't put my finger on your name but my memory tells me you were in electrician I called him the minute he posted that that he was moving to South Carolina and in the back of my head I even thought about it for a minute for all the guys that don't know when I was working at ShopRite and butchering deer it was some of the happiest times of my life hard work absolutely but roughly 3 years ago my parents retired and me and my brother took over their business then we're doing quite well and like Jersey J if I got back into butchering hunting would be non-existent tuna fishing season would definitely be cut short for me to move up to Sussex I would definitely have to sell my home in Kearny and that would be a solid hour and 20-minute ride that's not something I'm looking to do while running businesses in Kearny the only way I could even consider getting back into the deer thing would be in Kearny or surrounding towns and the amount of anti that there are around here with jobs they give them the opportunity to be in ties and make my life impossible it's not worth the squeeze I just did it in Kearny for 2 years the business blew up to 500 year by my second season something that I was quite proud of pretty sure I'd be doing well over a thousand by now had I remained open I moved the shop to Newark and that was a bust I bought a commercial storefront in Lyndhurst zone for butcher shop but the construction official a dick head by the name of sidonis thinks he finds himself in the unique situation where he could not let a legitimate butcher shop open up because we cater to Hunters

Jorge do you still have the space in Lyndhurst? Can we petition the town or something? Sounds like discrimination to me. Also just an idea. What if you offered a “butcher your own deer class” like Jay does with Taxidermy. A lot of us want to learn to do our own and it would keep your season intact.

On 7/22/2018 at 7:50 AM, vdep217 said:

Learn to do yourself.   It's really not hard..  you know you're getting your meat back and you know it was properly cared for with out a doubt..  if someone wants to learn basics I can show you..  I'm in Tom's river area..  i have a grinder a slicer and vacuume sealer..  so I can show basic stakes roasts chops do chop meat and chip steak.   You buy the bags

i did my first deer last year in the garage my self it was a learning experience with a lot of youtube playing.  I am also from Toms River from Silverton Area and got tired of driving to the butcher in hunter don from toms river so im looking to start doing all my deer in my garage in toms river.

40 minutes ago, NURSEhunter said:

i did my first deer last year in the garage my self it was a learning experience with a lot of youtube playing.  I am also from Toms River from Silverton Area and got tired of driving to the butcher in hunter don from toms river so im looking to start doing all my deer in my garage in toms river.

Just shoot me a PM first one I get I can show u

Sharp knife, grinder and vacuum sealer, that’s all it takes, oh and time. The dog loves sitting there getting scraps...

I am not a butcher  - not even close to Jorge's ability to make the right cuts and do it fast.    But I can quickly skin a deer. I can quickly quarter it. I can extract the tender loins and backstraps in minutes.   Having an extra garage fridge or a big cooler helps.  I have put 4 bags of ice at bottom of a big cooler and put the quarters and straps over it. (I do toss the ribs).   you can toss rest in woods (if you live in area you can) otherwise hefty bag it for the garbage. Now you have plenty of time to deal with the chilling meat. Not that night. Like within the next week or so.   Backstraps I always leave whole but do usually cut in thirds or 4ths depending on size of deer.  Wrap properly and freeze.   The "butchering' skill comes with the hind quarters actually . There are some good roasts in there and you need to sort of "filet" them out following muscle and tendon lines...     Also a lot of steaks to be cut in the hind quarters.  All that is left from hind quarters to me is stew and chopped meat. Stew meat takes time - you do want to cut off every silver skin and gristle you possible can - a little effort here, makes the best stew or chili later one.  (yes you can use stew meat for chili it's great).   Chop meat is a must - so many things besides great chili you can do with it...   Oh did I forget the frong shoulders?  To me - all stew and chop meat...    

You want sausage and other meat products - well then you cold "do it yourself" which is foreign to me, or take it to any good butcher that would just charge you by the pound. 

All that being said - I would so rather pay someone to do this for me, even though I have always done a great job myself with little waste.  

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

I am not a butcher  - not even close to Jorge's ability to make the right cuts and do it fast.    But I can quickly skin a deer. I can quickly quarter it. I can extract the tender loins and backstraps in minutes.   Having an extra garage fridge or a big cooler helps.  I have put 4 bags of ice at bottom of a big cooler and put the quarters and straps over it. (I do toss the ribs).   you can toss rest in woods (if you live in area you can) otherwise hefty bag it for the garbage. Now you have plenty of time to deal with the chilling meat. Not that night. Like within the next week or so.   Backstraps I always leave whole but do usually cut in thirds or 4ths depending on size of deer.  Wrap properly and freeze.   The "butchering' skill comes with the hind quarters actually . There are some good roasts in there and you need to sort of "filet" them out following muscle and tendon lines...     Also a lot of steaks to be cut in the hind quarters.  All that is left from hind quarters to me is stew and chopped meat. Stew meat takes time - you do want to cut off every silver skin and gristle you possible can - a little effort here, makes the best stew or chili later one.  (yes you can use stew meat for chili it's great).   Chop meat is a must - so many things besides great chili you can do with it...   Oh did I forget the front shoulders?  To me - all stew and chop meat...    

You want sausage and other meat products - well then you could "do it yourself" which is foreign to me, or take it to any good butcher that would just charge you by the pound. 

All that being said - I would so rather pay someone to do this for me, even though I have always done a great job myself with little waste.  

Agreed; I ocassionally butcher my deer and enjoy doing so. My problem is that it takes time and I don’t have a lot of free time.  So, I bring it to a professional and spend what little free time I have doing something else. 

Jorge did a great job and was a good guy to talk with. 

Edited by JHbowhunter
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 8/9/2018 at 10:19 AM, JimmyScags said:

Jorge do you still have the space in Lyndhurst? Can we petition the town or something? Sounds like discrimination to me. Also just an idea. What if you offered a “butcher your own deer class” like Jay does with Taxidermy. A lot of us want to learn to do our own and it would keep your season intact.

absolutly its fully rented and makes me good Money but i Have a feeling im gonna Have a vacante Shore in the near future the salon thats been there 30 + years thats now paying 900 her lease is up in january i asked her for 1200 triple net roughly 1500 total she almost fainted thats 50 bucks per day my wife drops 100 easy Have can a salon not afford that lol             

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 10:19 AM, JimmyScags said:

a class thats not a bad idea

• Like 1

I saw Jorge (Jorge and Sons) today. He has not sold the business and told me he would be taking deer for butchering for now.

• Like 4

On 7/21/2018 at 3:17 PM, Joeybeets said:

The time is right for Jersey Jay to get in the business. :up:

Will he  be able to get approval.I posted that 2 years ago.George from Kearney (2004 boat)and his wife and girls were the best I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, for my deer,bear processing!!! shot down!

On 7/28/2018 at 10:23 AM, 230jhp said:

Here's a link to the old site where no one goes anymore. Mods if posting links to that site isn't allowed please find a way to transmit the information to NJWW

https://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/76-butcher-reviews-information/14108-local-butchers-list.html

We're not the uptight site, that is NJ Hunter or what passes for NJH these days.  NJW&W mods and site owner don't worry about someone mentioning NJ Hunter.  But the other way around will get you a ban for life on NJH if you mention this site.   

Also, if Mandarin Chinese is your first language, you may find the other site more useful than this site.  :)