IGNORED

Jorge & Sons Moving?

BHC

The time is right for Jersey Jay to get in the business. :up:
I gave it some serious consideration bit I refuse to give up my deer season.
I told George the butcher from kearny to buy it from him but he said jorge wont sell it to him he was taking all hisnbutchering stuff to SC with him. He wouldn't sell it to George out of "principal"
Too bad because George from kearny would have done exceptional up here in Sussex.
I'm surprised after all the effort he put into his new shop not too long ago that he is packing it in. I'd consider opening a butcher shop, but I would just want to own it and run it- not work it. A guy needs to hunt, not skin and chop 1000 deer a season. That would ruin my hunting career. I barely get out enough now just doing taxidermy :/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Learn to do yourself.   It's really not hard..  you know you're getting your meat back and you know it was properly cared for with out a doubt..  if someone wants to learn basics I can show you..  I'm in Tom's river area..  i have a grinder a slicer and vacuume sealer..  so I can show basic stakes roasts chops do chop meat and chip steak.   You buy the bags

Edited by vdep217

13 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Learn to do yourself.   It's really not hard..  you know you're getting your meat back and you know it was properly cared for with out a doubt..  if someone wants to learn basics I can show you..  I'm in Tom's river area..  i have a grinder a slicer and vacuume sealer..  so I can show basic stakes roasts chops do chop meat and chip steak.   You buy the bags

I got to disagree. Anyone can butcher a deer... BUT, to do it neatly w little waste is a different story. For me, one of the reasons I would go to a butcher is the walk in cooler. 

6 hours ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

I gave it some serious consideration bit I refuse to give up my deer season.
I told George the butcher from kearny to buy it from him but he said jorge wont sell it to him he was taking all hisnbutchering stuff to SC with him. He wouldn't sell it to George out of "principal"
Too bad because George from kearny would have done exceptional up here in Sussex.
I'm surprised after all the effort he put into his new shop not too long ago that he is packing it in. I'd consider opening a butcher shop, but I would just want to own it and run it- not work it. A guy needs to hunt, not skin and chop 1000 deer a season. That would ruin my hunting career. I barely get out enough now just doing taxidermy :/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure what this principal is. But maybe he should consider his customers and leave on a good note by letting someone else purchase his facility and continue to serve the area. 

16 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

I got to disagree. Anyone can butcher a deer... BUT, to do it neatly w little waste is a different story. For me, one of the reasons I would go to a butcher is the walk in cooler. 

Agreed about the cooler.   But I quarter and pt in my refrigerator and do it in my kitchen..  when I'm done there is very very little to no waste..  i take my time..  again its not hard once you get the hang of it..  i do agree with your statement most people can "butcher" and that's usually what ends up happening a hack job because they don't take there time and follow muscle and bone while cutting.. as I said I'd be willing to show someone who is interested.. all said n d done i can completely process  a deer in about 4 hours but I  age in my fridge for about 5 day's before doing. 

Edited by vdep217

33 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Not hard to do and I will do one or two but as little as you pay, it isn't worth the time for me. 
On top most people don't have the proper set up and equipment and then it becomes a pain in the ass and not necessary cared for properly meat.
Not getting your meat? Never had a problem, why would there be a problem with that?

Edited by Lunatic

3 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Not hard to do and I will do one or two but as little as you pay, it isn't worth the time for me. 
On top most people don't have the proper set up and equipment and then it becomes a pain in the ass and not necessary cared for properly.
Not getting your meat? Never had a problem, why would there be a problem with that?

There are butchers that batch grind so your not getting your meat in that aspect.. also with jerkey and specialty meats..  but not all butchers operate like that..  you really don't need a whole lot of equipment.   I started doing it myself with just knives.   I did have a lot of stew meat than edith no ability to grind..  place to hang I use an old swing set or a tree in my yard