IGNORED

Going through the paces....

_X7

2 hours ago, nmc02 said:

Which surgeon? If you are looking for other options,  consider dr. Jonathan Deland at the Hospital for Special Surgeries. One of the best in the world for feet.

Thanks. I have complete confidence in the surgeon that did the procedure. I'll consider the advice if I may happen to need it in the future. I'm hoping not. Reconstructive foot surgery is very expensive if the insurance will cover it at all. The deductibles for what I have now are a drain.

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

Hang in there and best of luck.  Complications from diabetes can be really terrible.  Hopefully things work out for you and you can get back in a tree in the fall.  

Now it's time for the generic rant: 

Type 2 diabetes is usually preventable/treatable by simply eating real food and not eating crap.  If it comes in a box or bag, don't eat it.  If it contains processed sugar, don't eat it.  If it isn't meat, egg, fruit, vegetable, nut or seed, don't eat it.  If it contains something you can't pronounce, don't eat it.  If it has a list of ingredients, don't eat it.  Real food doesn't have ingredients, it is the ingredients.  Most people don't understand this on the most basic level. 

You are what you eat.  If you ate cereal and milk for breakfast, fast food for lunch, and some sort of take-our for dinner, you're basically made of crap.   I tell this to friends and family members all the time and nobody wants to listen.  Then they all wonder why they're fat, exhausted, sick, unable to sleep, their skin is bad, they have digestive issues, they develop type 2 diabetes, they have terrible cholesterol, etc.  When I tell them to eat real food, I always get met with "I could never do that, I'd miss bread too much, I'd miss pasta too much, etc."  OK, just be fat and sick for the rest of your miserable life.  

Sorry for the rant, but most folks are literally killing themselves every day with what they eat because they're mentally soft and would rather "reward" themselves with junk food than take care of the only body they'll ever get. 

Thanks. I appreciate it. You can't dismiss the strong hereditary component of type 2 diabetes.

Edited by _X7

2 minutes ago, _X7 said:

Thanks. I appreciate it. You can't dismiss the strong hereditary component of type 2 diabetes.

Oftentimes our genetic propensity towards disease is only triggered by environmental and/or behavioral factors.  You can have a bad genetic lot for Type 2 diabetes or even alcoholism, but if you never eat poorly or never touch booze, you won't develop the actual disease.  The flip side of that coin is that either no body tells you these things until it's too late or people do tell you these things and you just choose to ignore them.  Only in the worst-case scenarios do people simply develop diseases due to genetics only, without any other factors contributing to it

5 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Oftentimes our genetic propensity towards disease is only triggered by environmental and/or behavioral factors.  You can have a bad genetic lot for Type 2 diabetes or even alcoholism, but if you never eat poorly or never touch booze, you won't develop the actual disease.  The flip side of that coin is that either no body tells you these things until it's too late or people do tell you these things and you just choose to ignore them.  Only in the worst-case scenarios do people simply develop diseases due to genetics only, without any other factors contributing to it

We know this. All I'm saying is genetics plays a part.