IGNORED

Deer hunting Wantage

3Blade

A friend of mine just bought a 30 acre farm in Wantage and said I can hunt it. Was wondering how the hunting and deer herd is there? Only problem is the property is mainly fields with some hedgerow and he gave another friend of his permission too.

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

No deer left up here!  j/k  

80's and 90's you could shoot into the air and hit a deer.  30+ years of unlimited doe killed that.  Public land isn't anywhere near what it used to be, but there is still private that holds deer, mainly because the deer bed in back yards or between houses where they are not hunted.  If the land hasn't been pressured, it could be good.  You may want to check out the fields at night, and the hedgerows to see if they are travel routes.  30 isn't much room for two, with most of it being field.

Thanks Gb. Yeah I know 30 isn't much so I have a feeling we will have to work things out. I will hopefully be setting up a cam in a couple weeks and see what is going on up there.

Edited by 3Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Like most of Sussex County - lots of pressure most areas but still should be quality hunting. As with most 10-50 acre tracts it all depends on what the neighbors are doing...   Good luck Mike sounds exciting. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

4 hours ago, 3Blade said:

A friend of mine just bought a 30 acre farm in Wantage and said I can hunt it. Was wondering how the hunting and deer herd is there? Only problem is the property is mainly fields with some hedgerow and he gave another friend of his permission too.

Take a break from throwing your hatchets at everybody, I mean at the cherry rounds on Saturday Mike and take a ride over there to scope it out...….Wantage is 10 minutes from my place...….