IGNORED

Remington V3

I've heard of nothing but problems from new remingtons of all models there just not made love they used to be..  my  25 year old 1187 premier is unstoppable though..  my opinion for the price of the v3  there are better quality guns..  franchi,  beretta are the 2 that come to mind.   I've got friends with the a300 and the intensity and another franchi I can't remember no issues.   Friends That have bought new remingtons have ended up hating  them due to issues....  again my personal opinion

Edited by vdep217

10 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I've heard of nothing but problems from new remingtons of all models there just not made love they used to be..  my  25 year old 1187 premier is unstoppable though..  my opinion for the price of the v3  there are better quality guns..  franchi,  beretta are the 2 that come to mind.   I've got friends with the a3 and the intensity and another franchi I can't remember no issues.   Friends That have bought new remingtons have ended up hearing them due to issues....  again my personal opinion

Thanks for the reply! 

I've not shot one but did handle them.  Looked a little cheaply made.  As Batsto mentioned, Franchi or Beretta would be ones to look at.  The Franchi Affinity or Beretta A300 would be high on my list in that price range.  I've shot both of those and not an issue with either.  I shot the Franchi Affinity a fair amount and it is very similar to my Benelli M2 for almost half the price.

14 minutes ago, MikeStaten said:

I've not shot one but did handle them.  Looked a little cheaply made.  As Batsto mentioned, Franchi or Beretta would be ones to look at.  The Franchi Affinity or Beretta A300 would be high on my list in that price range.  I've shot both of those and not an issue with either.  I shot the Franchi Affinity a fair amount and it is very similar to my Benelli M2 for almost half the price.

Those Franch Affinitys are solid. My son in law shoots one. And Vdep217 made the mentioned of a300, which is another reliable shooter.

While not the V3, last summer I bought a Versamax Waterfowl Pro. I own a bunch of shotguns by many different manufacturers and this is absolutely the most comfortable and easiest pointing shotgun I've ever shot. Last season I shot geese, ducks, pheasant and squirrels and I haven't missed yet. The only minor complaint I have is that unless you really crank down on the magazine cap, there's a slight amount of wiggle in the forestock. Other than that it's an extremely well made, easy cleaning, accurate shotgun. Check the reviews written by people that actually own and shoot one and I'm pretty sure you'll find similar opinions.

I bought the Beretta A300 Outlander a couple years ago (just like Bill's there except mine is the black synthetic)... Nothing but love for that gun. I have not had any problems with it - killed all my geese, ducks, crow, squirrel, and pheasant with it the past two seasons with no failures whatsoever. Thing eats any ammo I feed it from light target loads to heavy 3" pheasant loads and any steel shot I give it. Easy to disassemble and clean. I love this gun. For the price, it is an awesome gun. I even got it on sale at the time - $550 or something like that. I know they go for over $700 now - but even at that price it's worth it.

(oh, wait, I did have one problem.  The front bead sight fell out :) Beretta sent me a new one for free. I've since replaced it with one of those hivis front sights pipes anyway which makes me like the gun even more :D)

37 minutes ago, Woodsman416 said:

The only minor complaint I have is that unless you really crank down on the magazine cap, there's a slight amount of wiggle in the forestock

Woodsman - check this guy's video - he has the same minor complaint for your gun but shows a solution he used - you might be interested (he basically put a couple rubber bumpers inside the forearm and he said the wiggle is gone) - see the 5 minute, 58 second mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMDjy0BoqFM#t=5m58s