outdoorslife

Looking for a change

Hi Guys and Girls.

Just throwing this out there. I am looking for a new job or even a career change. I currently am an Electrical Designer who works in Revit. I specialize in BIM execution and helping my discipline(plus all others) with Revit workflow/support and how to model properly in 3D. My current employer is in Philly. I have been doing this for about 6 years. I live in Shamong, NJ. I am willing to commute 1 hr each way if need be, but it would be nice to cut that down a bit. Some of my former jobs include first mate on a charter boat, maintenance for roughly 250 units, some retail and some sales. Jack of all trades -  master of none I suppose. If you know anyone looking for help or needs a designer, let me know. A boss/manager/chief that hunts and fishes is preferred!

FYI...part of the reason I am looking is the way I am being utilized here. I care. I can produce much more than I am directed. If you care to hear why I am looking or have something in mind lets get in touch.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hopefully speaking with some of you!

• Like 4

I totally get where you're coming from.  I've been working in my field for 17 years and I've definitely outgrown it.  I decided to start my own business and am currently getting the last few pieces in place and preparing to launch.  Life is short.  Do what makes you happy

• Like 2

I am the kind of person who strongly recommends that people become their own boss.  Start your own business if you think you have the skills and can generate the work.  I've been working for myself as a corporate whore for at least 16 years.  Was struggling as an underutilized grunt for 10 years before that.  It was a huge risk, but it's been the best thing I've ever done.  It's not for most people, but if you are interested, I can talk your ear off about it.  More than happy to help as much as you need.

• Like 4