IGNORED

Turkey Defys Science & Turkey One OH Ome

1957Buck

2 hours ago, kenny10177 said:

Be careful or one day your neighborhood will look like this. https://youtu.be/JC2pGd-RMF4

I have had my car surrounded by hundreds of them on SI.

They where everywhere on the power lines. It's funny to see. I remember when there was like 1 or 2 out there 25 years ago. That's when I first started turkey hunting. I would go practice calling where the uses to live. Then the population exploded.

56 minutes ago, mikejd said:

I have had my car surrounded by hundreds of them on SI.

They where everywhere on the power lines. It's funny to see. I remember when there was like 1 or 2 out there 25 years ago. That's when I first started turkey hunting. I would go practice calling where the uses to live. Then the population exploded.

I never turkey hunted but was thinking about going there to practice calling. Did it work well?

6 hours ago, rocky said:

Thanks for sharing. I don't know how you feed her cherrios, but you have to be careful about attracting other critters such as coons.

Like a dozen in the morning and she eats them up as I drop them If That Critter Ridder does to a coon like that cat No Worries it is rainproof 30 days by that time hope to see Poults Strutting out on their own.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

5 hours ago, kenny10177 said:

I never turkey hunted but was thinking about going there to practice calling. Did it work well?

I have all the Turkey calls on my Laptop from the federation's website in the spring I was driving them nuts with the Assembly call also one neighbor asking me did you hear them Turkeys this morning.   But she is a Loaner have not seen any others.  I think the heat has them deeper in Woods.   Do you think feeding her Cranraisans will make her Taste better by Thanksgiving?       ------------------------Just kidding     

23 hours ago, kenny10177 said:

Be careful or one day your neighborhood will look like this. https://youtu.be/JC2pGd-RMF4

Went through that stage for past 10 years or more I Loved it but many did not. The NJDFAG Came in and Trapped and simply Destroyed them as fast as they could. a losing battle in some areas as many of them Survived. Just as they do with the Geese and Deer Kill them Destroy - Waist them all in the Name of conservation. People move into Their habitats and Bitch they have to GO. Like the AHs who move next door to an Airport or train Tracks and Complain about The Noice.    The landscapers just cut the Lawn ( AKA WEED PATCH ) next door and were like 2 feet away from the nest and never saw it. I got it camoed and she did not budge.  She Cluks when I come with the Cheerios each Morning. I won't make the Location Public for many Reasons. 

On Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 3:14 PM, kenny10177 said:

I did it when there was only a few birds around and I was in a wooded area. If you did it now you would have 50 birds answering you. Probably would not be much help knowing your calling abilities. But it is cool to have them answer.

46 minutes ago, mikejd said:

I did it when there was only a few birds around and I was in a wooded area. If you did it now you would have 50 birds answering you. Probably would not be much help knowing your calling abilities. But it is cool to have them answer.

:laughing:  50 birds answering :rofl: Maybe 2 Birds 48 other hunters  ;) As far as calling abilities I have every Call on my Laptop you name it from the Turkey Federation website in the spring and early fall  I sit on my upper Deck and push a key and watch the show. For Hunting, I don't know if it is ok to do it with a Smartphone App. But is, after all, New Jersey.   As far as The Hen goes there is never a peep out of her even when she flys out to feed.  And the rest of the Locals have been absent but for a few Toms strutting by at Dawn.   

On 7/17/2018 at 11:37 AM, kenny10177 said:

Kenny just ran Video again and noticed an almost white One. Tri-colored. Been told these are Hybrids undesirables that have taken over the urban areas and into the So-called Wilds Of The one of the Most Populated States. Are you so-called Urban or Wild? Why the need for so-called Pure Breeds for hunting to me is a mystery when no other game in Nj is a pure breed? Guess you could add in Fish also where the purest have a Notion of Grandure That somehow NJ is can change things or accomplish a mission. when the explosion of Turkeys has given More opportunities to harvest one while Shooting Hens is not out of the question No different Than Pheasants or Deer when Females were added.  And if These are NOT Wild Game does that mean I can capture one in my Yard and Eat it. or do they want it Both Ways Only Protected for hunting where and when they want and to Be Destroyed everywhere else by Them Meaning NJDFAG?   So are Hybreeds Wild Game or Domesticated Nuisances? 

Edited by 1957Buck

• 2 weeks later...

Update The Hen is still Sitting I found a wing feather on my front lawn yesterday ?????   Neighbor has been very accommodating with my suggestion to let her Hatch Out.  Hope for results in 2 weeks or less.  I added another sprinkling of that Critter Ridder around her even with it saying lasts 30 days.  I stopped with cheerios with a PM that said let her feed naturally Which she does almost like clockwork each day but not in the nest area she flys out to feed. Guess not to leave a scent trail. shes is gone under 1 hour then back sitting.