IGNORED

Can we show date created and by who?

JHbowhunter

47 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

I used to like to see the date created.....was it on old format....or other site?  I was a little surprised it didn't get into this format and didn't offer anything during the input period. 

NJH does for sure, and I believe the old NJWW format had it...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

huh ???????  ^^^^^^

I THINK 57 is trying to say why not include the date in the Topic yourself. Whoever is the OP adds the date...

57, thats not really an ideal way of trying to accomplish a solution to Jacks question/suggestion. The site needs something automated with date of creation vs relying on user to provide.

Now that I think about it: that would suck and the idea of such is trash.

Edited by outdoorslife

Other forum software out there flags the OP of a thread with a symbol ... like if we see Jack post a message in this thread, somewhere in his post (next to his name? at the top of the post where it gives the timestamp?) you would see an icon or some kind of notification that indicates "this is the originator of this thread".

As for age of the thread, perhaps have some kind of color coding or message based on age show up in the editor? Like maybe the grey outline of the editor turns orange if the original thread was created a year ago. Or maybe in the editor at the top (next to/to the right of the toolbar) you have a message ("note: this thread is over a year old"). Just to let you know you are replying to a post that is old.