IGNORED

Nice Gray fox on camera

Buck154

One of my many great memories made in a deer stand was watching two grays chasing a much larger red out of their territory and the huge fight that ensued all through the woods around us. Several of us saw this during that day on rifle stands in PA a couple dozen years ago now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Bucksnbows said:

One of my many great memories made in a deer stand was watching two grays chasing a much larger red out of their territory and the huge fight that ensued all through the woods around us. Several of us saw this during that day on rifle stands in PA a couple dozen years ago now.

Neat but most of the time a Red will run or attack a Gray. Reds are typically bigger. But a Gray i think is tougher fox.

Just now, Woodsman416 said:

I hardly see them at all anymore. I watched one climb a tree once. Wish I had a movie camera with me.

Funny you said that, I thought I was losing my mind a few years ago watching one climb a small tree while I was in my tree bowhunting. At first I just saw a tail going up the tree through the binos, and thought hmmm maybe mountain lions really are in NJ?   Was shocked to later see the fox...

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Neat but most of the time a Red will run or attack a Gray. Reds are typically bigger. But a Gray i think is tougher fox.

I think the grays only chance was to tag team the red because the red was so much larger. It was a brawl in the PA woods!

I see a lot of grays by me. I used to see a lot of reds but not many anymore. I agree grays are better looking. I got a cam video last night of a red first I seen in awhile. Seems the grays run the roost here. I had a gray two years ago I would  feed it cookies. He only ate the big m&m cookies damn thing loved them. I think my neighbor trapped him because he never came back for cookies lol It was neat I would pull in from work and he would come right to the back door for his cookie everyday. He would not touch Chocolate  chip at all. I have a buck 3.5 years old who will not eat plain bagels only everything bagels these  critters are amazing .

Very cool to see ! I saw one for the first time two years ago in zone 50 while hunting . Caught it out of the corner of my eye right around first light , I thought it was a coyote . I grabbed the bow and swung around trying to get a shot , but stopped when I realized It was a gray fox . It was at an all out sprint , and it completely caught me off guard . Thanks for sharing the picture .