IGNORED

Savage 220 Optics

Njkoren

I am looking to purchase my first slug gun. For obvious reasons I am looking at the 220. I think the Nikon slug hunter for $200 looks like a good choice for a scope but I was wondering what other people are using. I like that price point but would appreciate any information you could offer. 

Thanks

Nikon is very good, but please don't get caught up in those slug only scopes, they are gimmick, just add models and to raise the price cause it's a speciality scope. The way the 220 and many other slug guns today paired off with the great ammo available  they shoot like a rifle, and the 220 also handles like a rifle, put a standard rifle scope on it. All my slug guns including my 220 wears a Leupold VX-2, the new model name is VX-Freedom: https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-scopes/vx-freedom-3-9x40, I do have one slug gun that wears a 3-9x40 Bushnell Trophy decent scope for the money, but I will recommend the Leupold, you may find the VX-2 cheaper if you search the internet, also look into the RIFLEMAN line from Leupold. Get the DNZ one piece scope mount part # 18200......Let the internet find the best price for you, also the Remington Accutips 3" are known to be one of if not the best sabot slug for accuracy, the 2-3/4" also is very good, Remington has come out with a new sabot slug, with the Barnes bullet but I have yet to try them, nor anyone that has

post-55-0-74821000-1511093512.jpg