IGNORED

Naples Florida ideas

Mkid

I’m heading to Naples next week with the family for vacation. I’m looking for more ideas on things to do , possibly fishing from a boat or from the beach.  Any ideas on who  with or where ?also cool places to eat.  Thanks for the input ....

The Dock is a pretty good place to eat, make sure you order a dockwholloper to drink...crazy good. Now its been many years since i was in Naples but we had a great fishing trip with Captain Ron from Blue Runner Charters. We caught cuda, cobia and a bonus goliath grouper that i pulled in by hand via 3/8 rope. Marco Island and Sanibel Island both are great visits. I dont remember which island but there is a restaurant called the Blooming Onion which serves the biggest and best cornmeal crusted grouper i have ever had. Have a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWM

Capt. Kevin Aley in Captiva is a good guide. He'll do either inshore or offshore. He's got a big 36ft Contender for offshore that makes you feel real comfortable. His website is www.sfloridaoutfitters.com if you want to check him out.  Shore fishing in Florida is not like NJ. Live bait/shrimp will catch anything from little Sheepshead and specks to big bull reds. Big bulls, tigers, and sand tigers are pretty popular off the beach in that area but you'd need a big rig for that. I'm no help for restaurants. We've mainly eaten at the local restaurants on Captiva but no matter where you go you'll find fantastic seafood.

20 hours ago, Mkid said:

I’m heading to Naples next week with the family for vacation. I’m looking for more ideas on things to do , possibly fishing from a boat or from the beach.  Any ideas on who  with or where ?also cool places to eat.  Thanks for the input ....

One place I never been in Fla. But Watch on Earth cam live couple times a week The Pier it is very popular and Live Feed looks like the place to be at sunset.. right now 85 Deg. the first photo is most recent one like 10:30 am Last Photo proves some people should never go top Less.  The Naples  Live cam on wild earth also has the Town's web site looks Old-time to relax Have a good time.  Air Boats are what the OP mentioned very popular don't know how far. 

1530281386701_3.jpg

1530124943460_70.jpg

1530204662343_95.jpg

1530218629685_59.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif