IGNORED

2013-2014 NJW&W Member Pics from Stand/Blind

BowhunterNJ

I thought it would be cool to keep a season long thread of our members' views while hunting afield so we can all live vicariously through each other on the days we can't hunt ourselves! So whether you're hunting deer, bear, or predators...let's see pics of your view from stand, ground blind, or on the stalk! Good luck out there, be safe, and shoot straight!

Picture quality sucks, but this is what I stared at yesterday afternoon.

What you can't see is that there is a heavy creek crossing that intersects with a trail that runs along the creek, all down at the end of that shooting lane.

Not in a stand either, I actually just climb up and sit on top of a big down ash tree. Gives me great cover without any fuss. And since it's public land, no one can steal a big dead tree. lol

9142013.JPG

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

hahahahaha That's awesome....

Are you using the first picture phone ever invented? :)

Pretty much! :rofl:

A small bird actually chisels the picture onto a rock with its beak. Is that technology outdated already?

Edited by Matty

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Didn't get a picture, but early Saturday once the squirrels began to come out and wander about gathering acorns, one came up the tree I was in and stopped within inches of the bottom of my lock on platform, looking up at me with great curiosity.  He then spun around to the back side of that oak tree and came up to face height.  Knowing he was checking me out, I quietly spun to face him.  Sure enough, once he got even with my face, he slowly stuck his head around to see what this hideous camoflaged beast was so high up in "his" tree.  I opened my eyes really wide and he did the same and went shooting back down and tearing off across the forest floor.  Gave me a good laugh :)