IGNORED

Full Cooler

WHAT IS THIS EMPTY COOLER CRAP?????

Full of ice and no Fluke :shakehead:. Went to Raritan Bay after work yesterday to do a little fluking with my uncle. Wind was ripping, incoming tide and with a almost full moon caused some tough fishing. We caught about 25-30 shorts but no keepers. Guess that's why it's called fishing and not catching!!! I'm used to catching :rofl: but not today :fishing:

cooler 2.png

27 minutes ago, Zipper said:

That's why I try to take a clam rake or crab traps with me. Sometimes the fish move or don't bite. Happens more often than not.

It was just a afternoon trip after work so no time for anything else. Still 50 minute drive just to go there too.

10 minutes ago, Stan Putz said:

That's why I'd rather fish for sea bass or porgies.:tooth:

I love fluking. I have caught  a lot of seabass but the regs on them is getting to be a pain, 3-4 seasons with different bag limits and sizes. Porgies are ok if there is nothing else around. Saltwater bluegill :laughing:

4 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Dang!  One of those days...gonna have em every now and then!  Next time we'll see a couple 10+ pounders in that cooler! :)

Hahaha  10 lber. I have caught thousands and a good amount of big fluke but i can't seam to break into the double digit. I have them into the high 9 pound range just not 10. I have netted one or 2 for friends :grrr:

Hahaha  10 lber. I have caught thousands and a good amount of big fluke but i can't seam to break into the double digit. I have them into the high 9 pound range just not 10. I have netted one or 2 for friends

Fishing beats the hell out of the alternative!  And to the 10 pound club, I used to fluke fish a lot more than I do today, and always wanted a 10 pounder however my wifes come closer that me with 9lbs 2oz.  The day she caught it, she had snagged about 15 of my bucktails, so I tied on a big red round bucktail that I didn't care about because I was running out and she say "he babe I think this is a big fish on the first drop".  LOL story of my life, she also caught a 30+lb striper the first time she ever snagged a bunker! Good Luck we all know you will fill that cooler many time this summer!