BowhunterNJ

09/14/2013 - NJ Bow Season Opening Day Reports

after 7 1/2 total hours on stand my ass was sore yesterday. The morning started out with me spooking 3 deer no more than 10 feet from my stand. The afternoon ended with me not being able to get out of my tree for a good while as a small 6 pointer milled under me for more than an hour.

• Agree 1

after 7 1/2 total hours on stand my ass was sore yesterday. The morning started out with me spooking 3 deer no more than 10 feet from my stand. The afternoon ended with me not being able to get out of my tree for a good while as a small 6 pointer milled under me for more than an hour.

I know what you mean. I now use a Millenium stand and it is the first stand with a seat that I can actually sit in from pre dawn to sunset.. Down side is a bit  $$, "Butt" worth it..lol

I didn't see any deer in my sit yesterday morning, but we all saw at least 1 bear.  Two of my guys got their does and both had bears on the gut piles in less than 30 minutes.  I won't be back out until after some surgery on Tuesday.  Good luck to everyone; tonight should be very good.

You are now knighted King Douche.         

I think you knighted me king Douche long before that doe, douche..  :hmmmer: .. you know, you sound familiar.. :hmmmer:  :hmmmer:  i'm willing to bet you're that Bowcop guy from that loony pet obituary site NJH... right or wrong?

I didn't see any deer in my sit yesterday morning, but we all saw at least 1 bear.  Two of my guys got their does and both had bears on the gut piles in less than 30 minutes.  I won't be back out until after some surgery on Tuesday.  Good luck to everyone; tonight should be very good.

What county are you in? Bears come that quick for the gutpile?

What county are you in? Bears come that quick for the gutpile?

Sparta in Sussex County.  Between 5 hunters on Saturday morning, we had 22 bear sightings.  Obviously some bears we saw more than once.  That is typical for us.  My buddy had to shoo the bear off the gut pile to retrieve his arrow which he forgot to get when he first recovered his doe that morning.  At least it ran off 50 yards to allow him to get his arrow.  Sometimes they won't budge.