IGNORED

F/S 14 FT Boat W/ 8 HP motor

230jhp

I am helping a friend sell this boat. It is a package: boat; galvanized trailer; 8 HP motor and 2 trolling motors.  Boat hull is in great shape no leaks,  Motor was rebuilt a few years ago and hardly used since.  It has seats and rod holders. 

$1500 negotiable

located in Passaic County

I am having a trouble uploading pics. PM and I can text or email more pics as well as the owner's contact info

IMG_20180623_143326919_HDR.jpg

Edited by 230jhp

On 6/29/2018 at 11:01 AM, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Over 12 ft required a boat license correct?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not sure I thought it was over 10 HP required a license with no stipulation about length.. Any boat with a motor, even just an electric motor, requires completion of the boater safety course.

Not sure I thought it was over 10 HP required a license with no stipulation about length.. Any boat with a motor, even just an electric motor, requires completion of the boater safety course.
Hmm I rented one with trolling motor 2 weeks ago.. no license.. I thought 12ft and under was no need...

1 hour ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

Hmm I rented one with trolling motor 2 weeks ago.. no license.. I thought 12ft and under was no need...

I did the same thing a couple of years ago at WayWayanda and they didn't care about the Boater Safety Certificate. Years ago when I had a 10 ft jon boat with an electric motor and also a 3 HP gas motor I had to take the boater safety course to be legal. Not the license just the course/certificate. Maybe I was misinformed, anyway I have the certificate if I want to get the license.

Make and year of motor  please ?

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Motor is an Evinrude, It doesn't have a date on it. model # is E8RESR....serial# is B2424066...... It is made in Belgium.

I looked up the model number for the date code.  E = Evenrude...R= rope start.... ES= 1990 year..... R= ? I couldn't figure that out.

I have the owner checking if that model is correct because I cannot figure out what the "R" at the end means. If the "RE" go together then it would be electric start and it is not.

This model number thing is convoluted. The question has opened a can of worms that is interesting to figure out :)

Edited by 230jhp

3 hours ago, 230jhp said:

Motor is an Evinrude, It doesn't have a date on it. model # is E8RESR....serial# is B2424066...... It is made in Belgium.

I looked up the model number for the date code.  E = Evenrude...R= rope start.... ES= 1990 year..... R= ? I couldn't figure that out.

I have the owner checking if that model is correct because I cannot figure out what the "R" at the end means. If the "RE" go together then it would be electric start and it is not.

This model number thing is convoluted. The question has opened a can of worms that is interesting to figure out :)

It may have had an electric start that someone cut off. Believe it or not, that happens alot. Im looking for Johnson or Evinrude 9.9 or 15 for parts. I don't know if the parts from the 8hp go into those other two. They may with the exception of the carburetor 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

On 7/3/2018 at 3:21 PM, Bucndoe said:

It may have had an electric start that someone cut off. Believe it or not, that happens alot. Im looking for Johnson or Evinrude 9.9 or 15 for parts. I don't know if the parts from the 8hp go into those other two. They may with the exception of the carburetor 

TTT