IGNORED

Dream Property!!

I own a couple of properties in a few different states and have been thinking about consolidating into 1 dream property.  So I thought I would put it out there to hear where, what size, why, would make your dream property.  I think I have mine narrowed down.

I am a bow hunting whitetail fanatic, nothing  makes my heart pound  like a 150+ whitetail showing up while I'm packing my Elite! The only other species that really interest me are Elk, Moose, Caribou and Mule deer.  I completely respect everyone else's choices and in many way am thankful that the Grand Slam isn't my passion!  Cause I couldn't afford it and would go broke trying!

So, mine would be a whitetail property in Kansas with a 3 bedroom log home, big front porch to sit out side on, a lake on the property with big crappie, and somewhere between 250 -640 acres that I could manage for giants!  

What's yours?

Cabin porch.jpg

back yard.jpg

Yup that would work,  Tell you what, you get that and I will keep the turkey and predator population in check for you, may need a little help from gobbler getter those damn turkey can really do some damage to prime deer habitat and we'll the coyotes speek for them self. Just trying to help your dream come true

Edited by rgw

Deer, turkey, rabbits, and bass fishing are my main vein game!!  Not sure what state's can provide the best pursuits.....but I am thinking along the Mississippi in the Midwest would be a start......somewhere along the Ohio River Basin!  Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota are interesting too.....but I need a shorter winter than what they provide!  lol

Screenshot_20180622-132402.png

Edited by Bonefreak

I've been researching Idaho

I have a friend buying land and moving to Idaho, he's looked at many properties just waiting on the right one.  He claims, there are more opportunities for big game tags in Idaho than any other state in the lower 48.  Also just told me that the elk population is growing significantly and that bow hunter harvest percentages are double that of Colorado (this is word of mouth).  I will likely hunt there once he secures his new property!

Im not sure why, but somehow I’ve been blessed by the Gods and own a 340 acre farm in west central Illinois.  Its been 6 years now and I still can’t believe it’s mine, but with Gods guidance I was somehow able to pull this off.  It lays out perfectly with many long  narrow fingers of timber between narrow tillable fields. It has a  mixture  of hardwood ridges, creek bottoms and bedding thickets with 70 acres of tillable  ground  and an additional 10 acres of food plots. It has a  small 2 man  Amish cabin that served me very well for the first 5 years. Last year we fully renovated the adjoining  farm house with all the comforts of home.  I’ve honestly never been on a better  piece of Deer ground in all my travels. It’s not without issues, the neighbors aren’t the best, there’s an outfitter and an outlaw family next door that like to break the rules,  but there still is a 160”or larger Buck  to pursue every year...  I usually don’t get the “Big one” but shoot a  respectable buck or two every year since buying  the farm.  Its a dream come true that I don’t take lightly. I thank the lord for it every day of my life.  

Edited by Bowhunter2004

Having hunted the midwest and experienced first hand the different species available to hunt combined with reasonable weather and season length, I would say that southern, eastern and northern Nebraska would be ideal as would be western Iowa and northern Missouri.   Ohio would rate high as well along with South Dakota.   Wisconsin is a good bet as well but winters can be harsh.   Basically the whole central midwest. 

12 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I have a high school friend that's leaving NJ in a few weeks to move to Montana. He bought 20 acres that butts up thousands of acres of state land. The photos are beautiful.

A friend of mine called the Wensel brothers and asked where the best spot is to consistently take giant whitetails.  They said Montana.  6 months later he and his family were living in Montana.  :rofl: