IGNORED

Clams Rule The World

Very Jealous The areas I clam on the Navesink are Closed Season. We had a banner Year also with Limit Catches every trip. There is nothing better than DIY Clamming The Fresh taste of them is so much better than the washed out Depurination ones. We Clam the exposed flats rather than in the water with the rakes. So it also is a low tide thing. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

33 minutes ago, buckhound said:

i never got to go in warm weather just in winter with 30 ft of handle and a 30 tooth rake.i keep saying i am going to go out and try the sand bars on low tide....

30 ft 30 Tooth  :shock: How about 2 ft Rake 5 Tooth I am too old to even think of using anything else.  The Navesink and Shrewsbury Open Certified Areas are mostly done Low tide Exposed Bars the lower the tide the better. there are a few who use the 8 ft Clam rake in deeper water Wadding but most hold a commercial Lic. Mine is a Lifetime Senior Lic. On the exposed bars you only need to go no more than a foot and follow the Vein of mixed sized Clams. I go when all the conditions are right Xtra Low Tide Low Winds and with the Buddy System to keep it fun and make sure we all get the limit. And not one more since They Check this area out and constantly and get someone every day. Either No Lic. over Limit Undersized. Plus Parking is Limited.  Buckhound will Share info in PM 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

when I grew up my family had a seafood business we did our own crabbing and fishing my clamming was more for me to do something and eat some, i was never good enough to make a living clamming  :rofl:  i did have a commercial license so I could go out with my uncle and a family friend to learn . only thing i learned was pulling 30 foot of handle with 30 teeth you didn't need to go to the gym for a work out....