Rusty

Sorry Matty

We were talking about you over on "the site that shall not be named".

I thought Greystones day room  was shut down.. :confused: ... :rofl:  :rofl:

LOL

At first I was wondering where that story was going. hahaha...

Until today, I didn't realize that's how it looked to you. That's pretty funny. I would have been mad at me too. :)

Great thread too!

There are a lot of folks I'd love the opportunity to hunt with and fortunately I've had the opportunity to hunt with a lot of great folks. While there are so many folks that I've etched memories with; One of my favorite guys to hunt with so far was Droptine and hopefully we'll hunt together again soon. His dedication and enthusiasm in the face of adversity is second to none. It's obvious that's one of the keys to him killing so many amazing animals, no matter what he pursues. I need more of that!

I really wish I could have known Telefante better and shared time afield with him before his passing too.

I think I'd like to share a hunt with Jakesbeard one day as well. Our senses of humor seem like they might work well together. 

Honestly I enjoy spending time with anyone that shares with me a love, enthusiasm and passion for this amazing sport.

• Agree 2

I think I'd like to share a hunt with Jakesbeard one day as well. Our senses of humor seem like they might work well together. 

Since you bring that up, he and I were chatting about him coming up to hunt with us at everyone's favorite slaughtering grounds in zone 6.  Would you want to hang in a tree with him and video his hunt?

Edited by Rufous

I would love the opportunity!

Just let me know when!

Cool, let's shoot for some time in October before the permit season.

• Agree 1

Sounds great. Only dates that I know I can't do in October are the 21st-23rd because of the wounded warrior hunt. Other than that, I think I should be good.

There isn't very many people I respect on that site but TEle was one of the good ones ! I would've loved to hang out with him talk'n hunt'n , fish'n n the outdoors in general ! Matty he's just ok ! lol j/k lot of respect for Matty , If he post something about hunt'n I definately read !

Edited by Hatchet
  • Agree 2

I have to agree with you guys, Tom Elefante was an absolutely tremendous guy.  I was lucky enough to spend some time with him both fishing and hiking, and was in awe just being around him...such amazing wealth of knowledge and great character.  I think of him every year and can even think back to fishing for trout one opener on the Musky where we glanced across the street at a nice saddle in the woods, and he said "Now that would be a great spot come November"...I think of that moment every time I come across a saddle in the woods now.

• Agree 2

JB was my room mate in WY last year. What he said to me was this.." Want to get to know someone well?, spend a week with them at hunting camp."

Words were never so true. We had a great time together.

I should post some pics of that trip...

• Agree 3