IGNORED

good folding hunting knife?

mazzgolf

I think I suck at sharpening knives. I have a 5-stone Lansky system and a Smith's Diamond Combination Sharpener - the Lansky seems to work kinda nice, the Smith's is more portable but you need to make sure your angles are right. But no matter what a] I can't get the points sharp and b] my blades don't get super-sharp (the paper test is so-so).

It could be my hunting knives. They get dull real fast. Anytime I would field dress/butcher anything (goose, squirrel, whatever) my knife would need to get re-sharpened. Maybe I just need to get better knives.

What's a good folding hunting knife that can keep an edge?

If you know you suck at sharpening as most of us do,,,,like matt said go benchmade with their lifetime free sharpening, don't even have to pay return shipping.

Can be pricey though. I'm currently saving up for a barrage i'll order customed up

Edited by Greg

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

i carry a buck 110 folder. great hunting knife. keeps a nice edge and is easy to sharpen. i cant remember how many deer or small game i have skinned/field dressed with it. i didnt like the silly holster it came with. so i ordered the leather holster for mine. the cool thing about the buck knives is you can tell what year the knife was made by the emblem at the bottom of the knife.

outdoor edge razor pro. switchable blades and gut hook is amazing. I too suck at sharpening knives so I love how out of the box sharp the knife replacements are. Plus when the gut hook starts dulling you can send it to outdoor edge and they will get it factory sharp for you. You only have to pay shipping.

Buck 110 folding always my go to knife. I love to watch friends and strangers on their hands and knees freaking out as they search in the leaves or grass for that top end knife they just misplaced after field dressing an animal. :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: