16 hours ago, Pathman said:

Nice! We’ve caught very nice smallies in Champlain but not quite that big! 

What part of Champlain ? That place is FULL of smallies of this caliber , atleast further north . I'm just curious , where you were . We fish mostly the northern , Vermont side and with the exception of last year there are days where 4, 5 and up to 6 lb smallies are almost the norm . My personal best is 6 lb 4 oz I believe it was . It also happened to be my very first smallmouth I ever caught . It was just 2 oz shy of the record on Lake Nicatous , Maine . 

Lonewolf congrats to you and your buddies those are some gorgeous fish ! That looks like a perfect trip . 

3 hours ago, Bad64chevelle said:

What part of Champlain ? That place is FULL of smallies of this caliber , atleast further north . I'm just curious , where you were . We fish mostly the northern , Vermont side and with the exception of last year there are days where 4, 5 and up to 6 lb smallies are almost the norm . My personal best is 6 lb 4 oz I believe it was . It also happened to be my very first smallmouth I ever caught . It was just 2 oz shy of the record on Lake Nicatous , Maine . 

Lonewolf congrats to you and your buddies those are some gorgeous fish ! That looks like a perfect trip . 

North end as well, both sides. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve caught many 4-5 #s, with the bigger fish in the fall, but for this time of year those Erie fish appeared very long , and a bit heavier then we’ve caught. 

Just saw this. GIANT smallies is the truth! One hell of a fight with all of those without a doubt! Well done and great pics Lonewolf :up:

On 6/15/2018 at 10:31 PM, Lonewolf76 said:

None on top water Buck154 fishing mostly 25-30 FOW with 1/4, 1/2, 3/8 oz. tubes, Keitechs, drop shots, dark shadow gobies 3/4 oz, and megabass hazedongs, some livebait when finicky!

Keitechs have been a great bait for large and smallmouth. Been using the the past couple years and have done very well

Nice Job Tim.

My buddy from Ohio told me the walleye fishing in Erie is the best its ever been.

They have been catching 150-200 walleye a day up to 30".

My buddy from Ohio told me the walleye fishing in Erie is the best its ever been.

They have been catching 150-200 walleye a day up to 30".

Yes,  they’ve had a number of record spawn years and according to what Im told from friends that fish it often, the population has never been higher.  Definitely worth walleye fishing,  we got 4 limits in 4 hours! Thats pretty good fishing.  I also caught 2 - 5lbers while targeting smallmouth.