IGNORED

Hit the Big Flatbrook with BucksnBows and my son

LPJR

6 minutes ago, Dave B. said:

You picked a good hole to start the young lad on! Nice job by both instructor and pupil!  I like the pic of the stunted 'bow, seen a few of them the past couple of years during float stockings.

:up: Thanks. The stunted rainbow was one of the oddest looking ones I have seen in the Flatbrook in a long time. 

8 hours ago, LPJR said:

After Jr was missing a couple of trout because he wasn't concentrating, I jokingly said to Brian that I was maybe not going to "concentrate" on checking out a couple of YZ125 dirt bikes we are planning on looking at to upgrade his 100 unless he caught one.…...AMAZING how fast he began to hook up and land trout within 5 minutes! :rofl:  Was lots of fun Brian! 

:rofl: :rofl:

9 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

No, but as is typical of Woerner's Hole, fish were rising sporadically to whatever.  Pine needles mostly.  I wished I had my terrestrial box because a black ant would have been the ticket.  That said, we fished dirty.  As in a gray mop fly with an orange head and a rainbow warrior trailer under a strike indicator.  Lou landed one stripping an olive woolly bugger.

Lou, let's get out again soon!   

The dreaded mop fly...LOL  At least it wasn't blue or purple.  They do work and I carry a few for prospecting new water.

9 hours ago, LPJR said:

:up: Thanks. The stunted rainbow was one of the oddest looking ones I have seen in the Flatbrook in a long time. 

Want to see more NJDFAG Stocked 100s of Black Colored Stunted fish they said were Rainbows in a Lake in Freehold. Another than that Great Photos and Memories made.  Glad the fishing was good as the April meeting mentioned that body of water the Rainbows were having problems.

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif