IGNORED

Diy Gc, my biggest project

tcook8296

1 hour ago, tjfslaughter said:

Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the Hvac contractor /tin knockers are onsite roughing. 

You know the boring stuff

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

39 minutes ago, tjfslaughter said:

Are they insulated on the outside of the ducts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just started cutting holes in the floor, mapping out supplies, returns, exhaust fan locations for range hood and bathroom fans, furnace locations etc. 

Getting quotes on spray foam insulation closed cell vs open cell, picking out siding, soffits, fascia trim.  Gutters etc. 

Metal roof is going on the porch and driveway columns in the next week or 2. 

Waiting on plumber to show up. 

Trying to decide real stone veneer vs cultured stone for the front of the house and fireplace. 

Looking at front doors. 

Most importantly, ordered my seed for my late season food plots. Going to try and get them planted as soon as I can get the tractor in the fields

www.liftxrentals.com

Hey TCook, just keep in mind that the manufactured stone veneers may fade a bit over time especially if there is a lot of direct sun light, whereas with  real stone  it will not. I have noticed some fading on some local homes that have been veneered less then ten years. Just food for thought if this is going to be your forever home. 

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

19 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

Most importantly, ordered my seed for my late season food plots. 

How did your 5 acres of beans make out ?  I figured with all the deer you were carrying that they would keep it mowed down .  What are you planting for late season this year ?

46 minutes ago, 3Blade said:

Hey TCook, just keep in mind that the manufactured stone veneers may fade a bit over time especially if there is a lot of direct sun light, whereas with  real stone  it will not. I have noticed some fading on some local homes that have been veneered less then ten years. Just food for thought if this is going to be your forever home. 

Just had that conversation with the stone rep today. 

Ive done quite a few projects with stone veneers. Im thinking Im going with real stone this time. 

Good advice

www.liftxrentals.com

3 hours ago, Russ 11 said:

How did your 5 acres of beans make out ?  I figured with all the deer you were carrying that they would keep it mowed down .  What are you planting for late season this year ?

The beans are hanging in there. I plant the beans knowing they wont make it to pods. Its basically a summertime snack. I plant the beans to get the deer on a pattern visiting the plot. Using beans that are round up ready allows me to spray the weeds and keep the field somewhat clean for my late season plot. I have a few hundred acres of beans across the street from me, so it takes a lot of pressure off my beans.  I also have a clover /hayfield next to me about 15 to 20 acres in size. My observations are there are more deer in the clover than in the beans.  I always do turnips and radishes. Each season, the deer hit them harder. I plant them around 1st week of August. 

Around Labor day, I broadcast winter rye. That gives me a green field for late season hunting. 

This year, I planted the beans, Im going to disc it again hopefully next week. Im going to plant a clover,alfalfa,trefoil combination. 

Im going to drill beans again also. As the farmers beans start to turn yellow in September, my newly planted beans will be young and green. Turnips and radishes will be broadcast after I drill the beans. Winter rye after labor day as usual. 

Next March I will over seed with clover. The winter rye should keep it fairly weed free. 

In the spring the clover should take off. Im doing the Alfalfa because no one around me for a few miles has it. 

I never was a clover fan until they planted it next to me.  I see on a good night 30 + deer in the clover and less than 1/2 that in the beans. Clover is pretty much a 9 month foodplot. The rye and brassicas fill in the gap. Having a food source year round keeps a really nice herd of deer close by. 

www.liftxrentals.com

9 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

This year, I planted the beans, Im going to disc it again hopefully next week. Im going to plant a clover,alfalfa,trefoil combination. 

Im going to drill beans again also. As the farmers beans start to turn yellow in September, my newly planted beans will be young and green. Turnips and radishes will be broadcast after I drill the beans. Winter rye as usual after Labor Day .

Tom are you doing all of this in same plot ?  And if so how do you know how much of each seed to put down so you don't overseed and crowd out your plot .  Sorry for all the questions but I'm getting a little frustrated with all the time and money spent on my plots with mediocre results .   

38 minutes ago, Russ 11 said:

Tom are you doing all of this in same plot ?  And if so how do you know how much of each seed to put down so you don't overseed and crowd out your plot .  Sorry for all the questions but I'm getting a little frustrated with all the time and money spent on my plots with mediocre results .   

I feel the frustration as I have been there.  After doing this for several years, Ive come to this conclusion. 

You need clover. Clover feeds deer most of the season, its easy to plant and maintain. 

Winter rye and brassicas, are the winter time food.  Again, easy to plant and no maintenace. I dont even fertilixThese are the late season greens you need to have.  My personal opinion is late season is the best time to pattern and kill a buck. I like hunting the rut dont get me wrong but its a crap shoot. Ive killed 3 bucks on my farm in Nj since I bought it. This is my fourth season there. I killed one during the rut. The other 2 were in January. Both deer I killed in January I never seen earlier in the season. They usually show up when the guns start going off. After they find it, its just a matter of time before they come back. Usually I will wait for some type of cold crappy weather.  They will come to those late season food sources. Just need to be there when they come a little to early. 

The brassica mix Im using comes from Merit seed. Specifically the deermax and ultramax. The rye I buy from a local farmer. Nows the time to get the brassicas in the ground. You need 60+ days before a frost. 

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

Poured a concrete pad for the furnace to sit on. Hvac contractor said it sits on bricks or plastic feet.  I had that in my other houses and wanted something a little better looking plus when I do the epoxy floor, it will make my job look neater and easier. I think it came out good for an amateur mason like myself. 20180729_180617_1533164302866.thumb.jpg.0c6762ef96ffe6d58fa8b0997ef8ed1c.jpg

www.liftxrentals.com