tcook8296

Diy Gc, my biggest project

Love those Beams! Looks like a wonderful setting for your new home.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Live to Hunt said:

Nice Caribou.  :rofl:

621AC288-308A-4F54-9F88-307DEDA22875.jpeg

Ha. You like that

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jerzguy2 said:

Love those Beams! 

:agree:

Great start....good decision to go w poured foundation rather than block 

• Like 1

I'll attest the work and setting is amazing . The pictures don't  even begin to do justice . It looks great Tom.  I can almost taste those beers on the porch ! 

• Like 1

Very impressive. Not sure if it was posted or not. Is this NJ or out in the Midwest?  I recall you having property out in Illinois or Iowa. Somewhere. Haha.  

Nick

25 minutes ago, Swamprat said:

Very impressive. Not sure if it was posted or not. Is this NJ or out in the Midwest?  I recall you having property out in Illinois or Iowa. Somewhere. Haha.  

Nick

Nj

• Like 1

Love the progression pics, looks awesome! 

• Like 1

The way the strap was used to put those beams in would make me very nervous. I hope they are all in and you are done with that. Good luck and stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

We had a big Oak tree that was close to the house and we decided to take it down. Its going to the sawmill and will be cut into a log and be incorporated into the house. 20180624_180913.thumb.jpg.0c0a71485c457230ed225bcd655607a7.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, tjfslaughter said:

The way the strap was used to put those beams in would make me very nervous. I hope they are all in and you are done with that. Good luck and stay safe.

All the beams are in. I definately kept clear when they were coming over the top wall of the great room. 

All the beams are in. I definately kept clear when they were coming over the top wall of the great room. 

If you get bored look at sling strengths depending on how you use them. Based on that photo you were reduced to 25 percent strength or so. That set aside this is an awesome build to see.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Is there going to be a floor on top of those beams or is that a cathedral ceiling in that room?  

I'm assuming this is the 2 story trophy room.  So the beams are mostly for aesthetics?   

Edited by Rusty

Coming along nicely.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Is there going to be a floor on top of those beams or is that a cathedral ceiling in that room?  

I'm assuming this is the 2 story trophy room.  So the beams are mostly for aesthetics?   

The room with the beams is a 2 story great room. The trophy room is on the 2 nd floor and is being framed today. 

All beams are decorative. This is Nj, its almost impossibe to build  using anything but conventional lumber/building practices with out huge engineering/architect costs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjfslaughter said:

Are you going to have to install a storm water retention system?

As of now no. The house sits in the middle of 50 acres. I believe that would apply to a development, not a single family dwelling

35 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

As of now no. The house sits in the middle of 50 acres. I believe that would apply to a development, not a single family dwelling

I am adding a small addition to my house and our town is requiring me to install a 660 gallon tank/system and I am no where near the coverage limits.  That is great that you do not have to put one in.