From my experience it seems the value vs quality is in that 150 300 range..  I'm in the same range now with my conventional and casting reels..  although I've had 99 dollar Abu Garcia that are 15 plus years old n still fling strong I've started using avet...  I just can't justify right now going for a sealed reellike z bass vs or accurate.. for what I do what I have is perfect

From my experience it seems the value vs quality is in that 150 300 range..  I'm in the same range now with my conventional and casting reels..  although I've had 99 dollar Abu Garcia that are 15 plus years old n still fling strong I've started using avet...  I just can't justify right now going for a sealed reellike z bass vs or accurate.. for what I do what I have is perfect

I understand what you’re saying. My point is do i need to spend 200 for a shimano that will not fail as opposed to an 80-100 Okuma that has proven to me not to fail? I used shimanos since i started fishing in 1976, still have my original ultralight that i used for trout back then and it still works perfect, maybe the baitrunner series wasnt made with hybreds and fireline in mind LOL But as you know as a saltwater fisherman, if a spinning reel can stand up to multiple albies... it’s a keeper. Btw, good luck with the Avet, sweet reels
  • Like 1

Thanks I get what your saying..  I do know sone of the reels on the lower spectrum are not rated for braid could have put to much torque on the shaft....  Yea I do like the avets allot

Thanks for the feedback guys! I was just looking for an " extra" reel to add to my arsenal , it wouldn't be my go to reel and just wanted to know if it was junk.