Caught and released 10 bluefish including 2 doubles in Manasquan Inlet yesterday evening on an AVA A17 and teaser rig. Tagged 8. Biggest were 34" and 33". Brother Joe caught and released 3 blues and an undersized striped bass on plastic shads. The blues stole one of his rigs by biting the swivel. The big blues arrived a month and a half later than the past 2 years

20180604_172050.jpg

20180604_175432.jpg

• Like 10

Real nice fish Bands.  :up: :up:

Very cool! Nice blues  Heading out know  to try for some pickerel.

NICE JOB ..... Dummmm question ,  whats the tag for ? 

44 minutes ago, toze777 said:

No Question is dumb It is how a smart person learns. You register the tag with a description of the fish to whoever you got the tag from so whenever some else catches it in the future they compare the Data.  

6 hours ago, toze777 said:

The American Littoral Society in Sandy Hook, NJ, has the world's largest private fishing tagging program. Anybody can join and tag fish. I get a tax deduction by doing so. I tagged > 7,800 fish in NJ since 1985 and 243 were recaptured in 11 different states from NH to NC. Last year 2 blues that I tagged in Manasquan Inlet were recaptured in South Amboy, NJ and Jones Inlet, NY. I had a miracle trip yesterday. I fished on the same rock as the previous day, tagged 13 bluefish and everybody stayed away from me. A blue bit me and I bled for a very long time. Another blue bruised my casting finger when I let go of the reel handle with the anti-reverse off. 

20180604_160905.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NJ219bands said:

nice didnt know about that, gotta look into that and help tag some blues also. 

On 6/6/2018 at 1:46 PM, NJ219bands said:

The American Littoral Society in Sandy Hook, NJ, has the world's largest private fishing tagging program. Anybody can join and tag fish. I get a tax deduction by doing so. I tagged > 7,800 fish in NJ since 1985 and 243 were recaptured in 11 different states from NH to NC. Last year 2 blues that I tagged in Manasquan Inlet were recaptured in South Amboy, NJ and Jones Inlet, NY. I had a miracle trip yesterday. I fished on the same rock as the previous day, tagged 13 bluefish and everybody stayed away from me. A blue bit me and I bled for a very long time. Another blue bruised my casting finger when I let go of the reel handle with the anti-reverse off. 

20180604_160905.jpg How is one able to get a tax deduction by tagging blues?

12 minutes ago, Integracingsr said:

ALS is a charitable organization. Membership fee is a charitable donation. Tagged 4 more blues yesterday.

20180604_175604.jpg

17 minutes ago, NJ219bands said:

ALS is a charitable organization. Membership fee is a charitable donation. Tagged 4 more blues yesterday.

Good to know.  Thanks for the info and nice catching.  :up: