IGNORED

Price of Gas

1957Buck

There was a lot of Bitching back when The State Tax was increased now with it close to $3. and increasing. It is accepted as a right of Refiners to do as they want every summer. I will never buy into supply and demand or the Far East Conflicts. The USA depends less on OPEC and Refining our own Oil has increased with Refinery upgrades. And Exporting our Gas and Crud has also increased. I will never forget when lines were in place Od Even and Esso Exon was asked how as an American Company Screw the people and their reply was we are not an American Co. but International there is no Loyalty.  Think of it a 5 cent increase by them equals Millions.  And Nj still has some of the lowest Tax on Gas and we don't pump our own.                                    When u think we have it bad someone else is having it worst.  And he has no Shoes or Motor WTF.                                                            Even Airlines are overcrowding and Gouging with the rise in fuel and being subsidized to boot. 

317101_10150460527176874_563794966_n.jpg

391752_10150460526441874_871284168_n.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

4 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

I will never buy into supply and demand 

So when Obama was in office and we couldn't buy ammo because of scarcity, that was the ammo manufacturers lying to us about supply-demand?  I take it you've never taken an economics class in your past....

NJ is no longer anywhere near the bottom of the pile when it comes to gas taxes.  We jumped way up the list the other year when Christie let us down and raised those taxes.  Add the mandated summer ethanol blending into the equation which is a more costly process and the strong summer demand as families head to vacation or weekend homes, and gas prices always jump this time of year.  Now add a booming economy on top of that and it makes even more sense.   

19 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

So when Obama was in office and we couldn't buy ammo because of scarcity, that was the ammo manufacturers lying to us about supply-demand?  I take it you've never taken an economics class in your past....

There you go again. as a XXXXXXX The Scarcity was If you paid attention Being able to Buy or Not to buy has nothing to do with the rise in cost. That is gouging.  There is no shortage of Gas. There are surpluses. And NJ compared to other states is still low.  

And imagine that... they are already talking about raising the gas tax.  We went from having no gas tax, to a gas tax, and now it will be raised and raised. We will have the best of both worlds in this state. The highest property taxes and soon to be gas prices in the country.  Murphy has already made it clear we have to tax more to some how save? Not sure how a Goldman Sachs guy could get this far with the of a brain of a cave man.

4 hours ago, Heavyopp said:

Not any more -- The quick search I just did said we where 7th highest taxed on gas -- And it really helped the roads...

Yes, the tax reflects part of the Costs while the actual selling price by Region Varys greatly.  One only has to look at here in NJ the Differences. Station to Station even Next door to one another.  So 7th by taxes in misleading for the overall price.  

7 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

NJ is no longer anywhere near the bottom of the pile when it comes to gas taxes.  We jumped way up the list the other year when Christie let us down and raised those taxes.  Add the mandated summer ethanol blending into the equation which is a more costly process and the strong summer demand as families head to vacation or weekend homes, and gas prices always jump this time of year.  Now add a booming economy on top of that and it makes even more sense.   

Yes, and you can also thank the democrat controlled assembly and senate for passing it.  Without them signing on there would have been no increase but just blame Christie for it, after all the governor has all the power and can do whatever he wants and needs no vote from either house in Trenton. 

16 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Yes, and you can also thank the democrat controlled assembly and senate for passing it.  Without them signing on there would have been no increase but just blame Christie for it, after all the governor has all the power and can do whatever he wants and needs no vote from either house in Trenton.

To be fair I believe that several republicans supported that bill also

5 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

To be fair I believe that several republicans supported that bill also

Thank you They all feed from the same Trough.   The problem in Nj to many not Paying any Taxes, too many groups to list and Growing and so few Paying any. Push 1 for English