IGNORED

Nice Brookie

ACJR

Nice brookie indeed.  That one is a holdover.  The way you can tell is that the pectoral fin doesn't have the leading edge white to black to orange coloration of a wild trout.  The pectoral fin has grown back from being worn down in the crowded raceway which tells you it has been in the river for a time (holdover).  

You should see the browns a friend been catching, the size of them is unreal and they all been coming from what I would call drainage ditches, all native, no stocking any where close, he says you need high murky water to fish them. I went with him a couple years ago when the water was off color and you had to use 2 lb test and hide like you were hunting and caught fish in the teens , these fish blow them out of the water

3 minutes ago, rgw said:

You should see the browns a friend been catching, the size of them is unreal and they all been coming from what I would call drainage ditches, all native, no stocking any where close, he says you need high murky water to fish them. I went with him a couple years ago when the water was off color and you had to use 2 lb test and hide like you were hunting and caught fish in the teens , these fish blow them out of the water

Big browns love "frog water" so long as it is cold enough.  NJ has some big, wild browns for certain.