IGNORED

Birds Missing lately

1957Buck

The number of Birds coming to the 2 Big Bird Baths has been very low this spring in my garden.  All Species missing. Today I saw something I never saw before. A Crow was Dive Bombing with a pair of Robins chasing it. Just when it calmed down I saw the Crow fly away with a baby Robin in its Mouth with the Robins in Hot Pursuit. After that, it came to me the High number of Crows this year that took up residence in my area this year.  While the Hawk numbers have been down.  I never encountered this but it makes sense Nesting down Birds down. Anyone else encountered this?  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

9 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

The number of Birds coming to the 2 Big Bird Baths has been very low this spring in my garden.  All Species missing. Today I saw something I never saw before. A Crow was Dive Bombing with a pair of Robins chasing it. Just when it calmed down I saw the Crow fly away with a baby Robin in its Mouth with the Robins in Hot Pursuit. After that, it came to me the High number of Crows this year that took up residence in my area this year.  While the Hawk numbers have been down.  I never encountered this but it makes sense Nesting down Birds down. Anyone else encountered this?  

Hawks I see all the time. And eagles are starting to show up in the yard more often. I saw a big decrease in juncos this winter. And so far this spring cat birds are here in  good numbers compared to the past few years.

Sitting on Deck with my Coffe not One Bird in Sight or Hearing any. couple years back Robins were here almost all year. The one Bird Bath holds like 5 gals. and I would fill & Clean it sometimes twice a day. Noticed even the Yellow Finches are absent. Cardinals came and Went. No Doves. 

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Funny how I was sitting on my deck this morning, thinking about the unbelievable numbers of birds this year in my area, and then  I read your post.

I am actually inundated not only with great numbers of birds but also with the variety I haven't seen in 27 years of living in this area.
So far I had 13 different warblers pass through my yard. I have very unusually high numbers of Orioles, both Baltimore and Orchard,   Cedar Waxwings and Eastern Kingbird. All 4 staying  high in the canopy and   bins are necessary to even recognize they are there unless you can recognize them by sound.
I have 4 types of Swallows, Cat birds, Mockingbird  and first time in my yard Great Crested Flycatchers. The list goes on.
Of course the every day birds, not associated with Spring migration, like Robins, Starlings, Sparrows, Cardinals, Blue Jays, Grackles, RW black birds are here in great numbers.   
I too have a bird bath but there are no visitors because we had an unusually cool and wet Spring.

3 pics from this morning

IMG_2043_2.jpg

IMG_2047_2.jpg

IMG_2068_2.jpg

1 hour ago, 1957Buck said:

Sitting on Deck with my Coffe not One Bird in Sight or Hearing any. couple years back Robins were here almost all year. The one Bird Bath holds like 5 gals. and I would fill & Clean it sometimes twice a day. Noticed even the Yellow Finches are absent. Cardinals came and Went. No Doves. 

One thing you must consider is the fact you spray your yard with insecticide. ( I believe I read your post telling us you do). If your bugs are gone there is no reason for most of the birds to be there as well.