IGNORED

No sterilization but extermination@ my backyard

White Buffalo and rifles, suppressors and scopes, oh my!
Instant extermination is less risky to injure an animal with a bullet or crossbow and suffering.
according to some^.
So, behinnd closed doors, Saddle River decided the non lethal plan would not reduce the overabundance of deer.
Decimation of forests and ornamental landscaping worries residents.
Decimation of deer is the end goal @ the desks of Councilman Duncan Carpenter and Councilman Ron Gray.20180524_113656.thumb.jpeg.6a6fa4a64fb98ed29f5e119d3494b283.jpeg1527176438785.thumb.jpeg.7190cffd868f983f6bca601e2053ce8b.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fish and game needs to get involved.   Towns should have no authority when it comes to wild life management.   Our voices need to be herd... instead of them pry much banning hunting with no discharge ordinances it should be able to be hunted in lots that can accommodate it

Edited by vdep217

3 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Fish and game needs to get involved.   Towns should have no authority when it comes to wild life management.   Our voices need to be herd... instead of them pry much banning hunting with no discharge ordinances it should be able to be hunted in lots that can accommodate it

It was the Division that shot down the even stupider plan to sterilize them.  They are involved.  But they cannot force towns to allow or not allow hunting if the town decides on no discharge.  They can only try to educate, but this is NJ where liberalism knows no bounds.   

I get that, but I'd the town chooses to implement no discharge they should not be allowed to determine how population is controlled.   A town can not say no hunting out right so they back door it with no discharge..  but can higher sharp shooters wich will discharge at tax payers expense when allowing hunting will bring in revenue.   Makes no sense....  I don't get how a town can spend money when a free and possibly profitable method that's proven to work is available

On Staten Island they are in a 2nd year of buck vasectomies, costing taxpayers 3 million/year. Even the state, who eventually approved the plan told SI it will not work. There are some huge bucks and giant gobblers on the Island.

17 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

On Staten Island they are in a 2nd year of buck vasectomies, costing taxpayers 3 million/year. Even the state, who eventually approved the plan told SI it will not work. There are some huge bucks and giant gobblers on the Island.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/31/de-blasios-scheme-to-curb-deer-on-staten-island-is-way-over-budget/

It would be funny, if they didn't cost us so much of our money and our freedoms. But when the liberals like deBlasio get power, and do STUPID stuff like this, it just makes you angry and shake your head thinking, "What in the world are they thinking?" Then again, when its other people's money they are spending, they don't care - its like an unlimited money tree to them.

The city snipped 1,154 bucks since the program began in September 2016 and officials aren’t entirely sure how many more need to go under the knife.

The first year of the project cost $2.35 million and 720 bucks got vasectomies, the department said. But White Buffalo asked for an extra $334,770 on top of the $634,650 already budgeted for the second year. The third and final year was originally budgeted $314,000, but the city is assessing if even more is needed.

“Even if a small number of males immigrate on the island or a small number are missed, it’s easy to see how quickly females can start breeding again,” said Paul Curtis, a Cornell University deer expert who consulted City Hall on a task force before the vasectomy plan was chosen.