Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I got my email confirmation that I drew my Kansas Whitetail Tag yesterday.  Kansas Fish and Game stressed out a lot of hunters this year with their bullshit.  I wont go into the long winded reason why but, any one who applied there knows what I am talking about. Anyone else get theirs or a waiting for a Tag any where else.

Edited by Live to Hunt
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

I will apply one day. Congrats on yours!

Thanks.  If you ever choose to let me know.

Edited by Live to Hunt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What ever happened to just going out of state and buying a out of state license and going hunting? Now you have to apply for a tag? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stewey said:

What ever happened to just going out of state and buying a out of state license and going hunting? Now you have to apply for a tag? 

Its an outfitters state.  I don't know any outfitter state where you can just go buy a licence without a tag.  I could of course be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

What did they do ?

You never had to buy a license until you got your tag.  It made sense because if you didn't get the tag the license would be a waste and the money you spent on it.  Well they told applicants if they had not already bought their licence  they would not draw the tag.  So alot of people did not think they where going to draw.  The law enforcement side got involved and told the people selling the tags to tell applicants this but it was not the truth.  I guess people have been hunting with tags and not getting their license. Law Enforcement was trying to save the headache of e-mailing applicants to remind them to buy their license.  From what I was told next year they will be making some changes.  You might have to get license first but for real this time.  I have 3 guys who I got property out there and they where freaking out.  On bowsite.com there is a big discussion about it under Kansas, Tags.  I made a phone call and got to the bottom of it and that is how I know the real story but, alot of applicants didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on getting your tag again.  I'm sure we will see another picture of a great buck with you behind it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have only hunted in a few states other than NJ.  Pa, Kentucky, Maine, school, and New Brunswick Canada. Each time we chose an outfitter, booked  our trip and when we got there bought our license and went hunting, what is an outfitter state? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outfitter state is a state that has a lot of Outfitters that drive the economy. These states also have great management plans to help keep the hunting at its best for the industry. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

You never had to buy a license until you got your tag.  It made sense because if you didn't get the tag the license would be a waste and the money you spent on it.  Well they told applicants if they had not already bought their licence  they would not draw the tag.  So alot of people did not think they where going to draw.  The law enforcement side got involved and told the people selling the tags to tell applicants this but it was not the truth.  I guess people have been hunting with tags and not getting their license. Law Enforcement was trying to save the headache of e-mailing applicants to remind them to buy their license.  From what I was told next year they will be making some changes.  You might have to get license first but for real this time.  I have 3 guys who I got property out there and they where freaking out.  On bowsite.com there is a big discussion about it under Kansas, Tags.  I made a phone call and got to the bottom of it and that is how I know the real story but, alot of applicants didn't. 

That should be easy for them to monitor.

They should allow the draw, but not issue the drawn tag until a license is purchased.

just send a notification the tag was awarded upon license purchase .

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iowa makes you pay in full unless you are buying a preference point. If you dont draw, you get your money back minus $53 but you get a preference point. I have 2 points now. Should be able to draw a gun tag or maybe a bow tag next year. 

I would like to hunt Kansas one day. 

Is it a point system or just a draw?

If you want to kill a good deer, you need to hunt the states that limit their tags unlike Nj who gives a license to kill to anyone. 

Its worth the wait

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hunted there a couple years ago, I bought the license after the draw.  In Utah you have to pay $100 for a license before being eligible to be entered into the draw.  I am collecting points in Utah and it sucks paying $100 every year to get points....

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

II would like to hunt Kansas one day. 

Is it a point system or just a draw?

 

Kansas is a point system, but pretty much everyone gets a tag now. A couple of years ago I did not draw though. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • NJ 6-Day Firearm Season Begins on December 3rd, 2018

  • NJ Permit Muzzleloader Season Begins on November 26th, 2018

  • Please Help Support NJ Woods & Water


  • NJ Woods & Water Premium Membership

  • Support NJW&W by Shopping at Amazon!


    Click the image below and place your Amazon order!





  • 2018-19 New Jersey Hunting and Trapping Digest

  • 2018-2019 Youth Deer Hunting Contest



    Total Prize Values
    Team Contest Donation Percentage
    Donations $480 + prizes

    Current Team Standings
    1st Place Team 5 23 points
    2nd Place Team 4 13 points
    3rd Place Team 1 11 points
    4th Place Team 3 10 points
    5th Place Team 2 0 points
  • 2018-2019 Adult Deer Hunting Contest



    Total Prize Values
    Team Contest Donation Percentage
    Individual Contest $250 + Donation Percentage
    Donations $410

    Current Team Standings
    1st Place Team 4 127 points
    2nd Place Team 1 124 points
    3rd Place Team 5 110 points
    4th Place Team 6 99 points
    5th Place Team 2 94 points
    6th Place Team 3 78 points
    7th Place Team 7 61 points

    Top Individual Scores
    1st Place KBfishing 51 points
    2nd Place JHbowhunter 50 points
    3rd Place Buck154 49 points
    4th Place Nomad 48 points
    4th Place Cousin Brown 48 points
    6th Place Lunatic 45 points
    7th Place Russ 11 31 points
    7th Place GoodOleBoysinPA 31 points
    9th Place electric10162 30 points
    10th Place Ms Grit 16 points
    10th Place nb6624 16 points
    10th Place BEAR 16 points
    10th Place rgw 16 points
    10th Place A-of-A&N_Hunter 16 points
    10th Place TroutandBucks 16 points
    10th Place LPJR 16 points
    10th Place Tarhunt 16 points
    10th Place resquecfd 16 points
    10th Place browning44 16 points