Posted (edited)

I got my email confirmation that I drew my Kansas Whitetail Tag yesterday.  Kansas Fish and Game stressed out a lot of hunters this year with their bullshit.  I wont go into the long winded reason why but, any one who applied there knows what I am talking about. Anyone else get theirs or a waiting for a Tag any where else.

Edited by Live to Hunt
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MZ7Extreme said:

I will apply one day. Congrats on yours!

Thanks.  If you ever choose to let me know.

Edited by Live to Hunt
  • Like 1

What ever happened to just going out of state and buying a out of state license and going hunting? Now you have to apply for a tag? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stewey said:

What ever happened to just going out of state and buying a out of state license and going hunting? Now you have to apply for a tag? 

Its an outfitters state.  I don't know any outfitter state where you can just go buy a licence without a tag.  I could of course be wrong.

39 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

What did they do ?

You never had to buy a license until you got your tag.  It made sense because if you didn't get the tag the license would be a waste and the money you spent on it.  Well they told applicants if they had not already bought their licence  they would not draw the tag.  So alot of people did not think they where going to draw.  The law enforcement side got involved and told the people selling the tags to tell applicants this but it was not the truth.  I guess people have been hunting with tags and not getting their license. Law Enforcement was trying to save the headache of e-mailing applicants to remind them to buy their license.  From what I was told next year they will be making some changes.  You might have to get license first but for real this time.  I have 3 guys who I got property out there and they where freaking out.  On bowsite.com there is a big discussion about it under Kansas, Tags.  I made a phone call and got to the bottom of it and that is how I know the real story but, alot of applicants didn't. 

Congrats on getting your tag again.  I'm sure we will see another picture of a great buck with you behind it.

• Like 1

I have only hunted in a few states other than NJ.  Pa, Kentucky, Maine, school, and New Brunswick Canada. Each time we chose an outfitter, booked  our trip and when we got there bought our license and went hunting, what is an outfitter state? 

Outfitter state is a state that has a lot of Outfitters that drive the economy. These states also have great management plans to help keep the hunting at its best for the industry. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Live to Hunt said:

You never had to buy a license until you got your tag.  It made sense because if you didn't get the tag the license would be a waste and the money you spent on it.  Well they told applicants if they had not already bought their licence  they would not draw the tag.  So alot of people did not think they where going to draw.  The law enforcement side got involved and told the people selling the tags to tell applicants this but it was not the truth.  I guess people have been hunting with tags and not getting their license. Law Enforcement was trying to save the headache of e-mailing applicants to remind them to buy their license.  From what I was told next year they will be making some changes.  You might have to get license first but for real this time.  I have 3 guys who I got property out there and they where freaking out.  On bowsite.com there is a big discussion about it under Kansas, Tags.  I made a phone call and got to the bottom of it and that is how I know the real story but, alot of applicants didn't. 

That should be easy for them to monitor.

They should allow the draw, but not issue the drawn tag until a license is purchased.

just send a notification the tag was awarded upon license purchase .

• Agree 1

Iowa makes you pay in full unless you are buying a preference point. If you dont draw, you get your money back minus $53 but you get a preference point. I have 2 points now. Should be able to draw a gun tag or maybe a bow tag next year. 

I would like to hunt Kansas one day. 

Is it a point system or just a draw?

If you want to kill a good deer, you need to hunt the states that limit their tags unlike Nj who gives a license to kill to anyone. 

Its worth the wait

• Agree 1

I hunted there a couple years ago, I bought the license after the draw.  In Utah you have to pay $100 for a license before being eligible to be entered into the draw.  I am collecting points in Utah and it sucks paying $100 every year to get points....

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

II would like to hunt Kansas one day. 

Is it a point system or just a draw?

Kansas is a point system, but pretty much everyone gets a tag now. A couple of years ago I did not draw though. 

• Agree 1