IGNORED

Hunting Trailer Project (Pic heavy)

I got a lease in MD this year and I'm thinking of doing some other out of state DIY trips.  I bought an enclosed trailer (6x10 vnose) originally just to bring my ATV with me.  But, then I thought I'd try to set it up as a camper / hunting trailer.  So, here is what i did:

• pulled down the walls and put that hard board insulation behind it.  same with ceiling.
  • while i had the walls down, i wired a 15a input and 3 outlets (2 on side and  1 in the nose).
  • i put a deep cycle battery in the nose hooked up to an inverter.  plugged into this is a light, a fan, and a outlet strip with a charger for my cell phone.  
  • i hooked up a battery charger to the outlet in the nose and have it attached to the battery; so whenever i'm plugged in, it will recharge the battery.
  • hooked up a trickle charger which i connect to the atv battery to keep it good while its sitting.  
  • did a red-neck shelving job in the nose using some old milk crates i have.  i put a 1x10 in front of some of them to hold stuff in; some just have a bungee.
  • i bought a fold down table and mounted it on one wall. 
  • mounted a bunch of etracks to hang my portable stands and my hunting gear; butchering stuff, and to keep the cot, fold out chair, and a fold out table (to use outside when its nice) against the wall.  
  • bought a portable toilet when if i have to go at night, etc.
  • Put a few other hooks and tie downs to keep stuff in place.  
  • Put in ATV tie down wheel chock type system.
  • shelving has all the camping equipment: utensils, cups, coffee maker, camping stove, cookware, wipes, sleeping bags, paper towels, pillows, genny cords, an electric heater, and a few electric adapters in case i hook up to a camp site that has 30a or 5oa power.  

If its decent weather, I'll just depend on the insulation and sleeping bag to keep warm or the fan to keep cool.  If its really cold, i have a honda generator in the bed of the truck...i can hook it up and run an electric heater (I have a plug in type electric heater in one of the bins) or hook up to an outlet if available.  I have a Mr. Buddy heater, but i'm just not into running propane while I'm sleeping (even with the window open and roof vent open).  

Take a look below.  I am looking at this heater / ac unit that sits outside the trailer and you can plug in(either to genny or shore power) and run to have AC or heat.  it hooks into the trailer via some flex tubing.  i'm also looking at getting some carpet to help insulate the floor a bit.  I might add two more sets of etracks on each wall just to bungee everything a bit tighter to the wall so they don't bounce around...not sure if i need that or not; i'll wait and see.  

When I go out to hunt, all my stuff will be ready.  I'll just throw some ice in the cooler, maybe some drinks and food, grab my weapons, and go.  I'm going to put a hook on the outside of the trailer on one of the cross-members.  I have a 4/1 pulley rope system to hang deer.  So, if I get one...I'll just ATV it back to the trailer and then hang it, skin it, quarter it, and throw the quarters into the cooler.  If I want to camp out, I'll just roll the ATV out the back and set up the cot.  Below are pics with it empty, set up as a camper, and then with the ATV.  

packed away 1.jpg

packed away 2.jpg

packed away 3.jpg

packed away 4.jpg

packed away 5.jpg

packed away 6.jpg

packed away 7.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

atv 1.jpg

atv2.jpg

camping 1.jpg