IGNORED

I want to start

MZ7Extreme

Ok so in the area I hunt the coyotes are many now. I got a dozen pictures in a month and I want to thin the herd. WHat do I need to get started, nothing crazy just what I need in the way of a rifle, scope and callers.

Yes I know it will take time, and I am willing to give the time. Just want those bastards gone. Had a doe fawn last year who visited me whenever I was in my stand then lay down by it. She never came there if I wasn't there it was weird, and I know this because I have a camera right there. Anyway, during the rut on one particular day she didn't show and I was like she was getting some lol. I was bored after 6 hours of no sighting so I said let me get down and run a scent trail and as I was walking and putting out scent I found her dead, the yotes got her. I flipped her over to make sure she wasn't arrowed and she wasn't.

Any help would be great thanks!

I'm debating selling my single shot .223. (H and r)
Bushnell scope.
It was my groundhog gun as a teen.. haven't used it in awhile.. carried it 2x for coyote but its heavy. I wanna buy a savage for a lighter gun to carry long distances but if you have a short walk and a place to lay prone with a bipod this gun is cheap and accurate to 100 yards easy. I never really shot it further.

Not sure how far of a shot your land allows you to safely take.

Or you can just use shotgun with dead coyote loads.

As for calls, you dont need expensive fox pro .. there are some cheaper $50 electronic calls out there that worked for me. Killed plenty of fox with them and got my 1st coyote with them as well..
I'll find the link and post for the call...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I hunt with an AR.  Works great, and it's a SBG (Scary Black Gun).  I got a bolt action .223 from another member here in case SBGs are outlawed by Mr. Burns.

I put a 3x-9x scope on mine.  You'll want to sight in at around 100-yards.  Are you going to hunt fields or woods?  Flat or hills?  You'll take a different approach depending on the terrain.

You need a caller.  I got an inexpensive electric caller with a remote.  I also got a battery-powered decoy too.  I don't have the regs in front of me, but I think a caller is required (if it's not an incidental harvest).

Guns:

Ruger AR-556:  https://ruger.com/products/ar556/specSheets/8502.html
Savage Model 11/111 Trophy Hunter:  https://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11TROPHYHUNTERXP

Caller:

ICOtec GC500 Caller:  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/924119/icotec-gc500-electronic-predator-call

Decoy:

Primos Sit & Spin Electronic Predator Decoy - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/261852/primos-sit-and-spin-electronic-predator-decoy

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

In my opinion hunting for coyotes in nj will not have any effect on their population. They are very difficult to call in and trapping is the only way. In the last two years a south jersey predator club had a 48hr contest and with many participating not one yote was taken. I’m at it for 4 years and have not seen one single yote in the area loaded with them. Night hunting maybe better but then you can only use a shotgun. I don’t know why they are so difficult to kill in NJ. I did it in New Brunswick and was successful.

this is not to say predator hunting isn’t fun. You will call in foxes and you can help turkey population by taking them out. My go to gun is 22-250. 

Goos luck

This rifle is now available to take AR mags. Or you can buy the verison with rotary mags. Barrel is threaded for muzzle break or flash suspressor. Or if you ever move or hunt in America you can use a suppressor.