IGNORED

NJW&W 1st Annual Stevo Memorial KYL Rimfire Challenge - July 1st, 2018 8:30AM

We are looking to gauge interest in a  Know Your Limit Rimfire Shoot that we will call the Annual  Stevo Memorial KYL Rimfire Challenge I think Matt can put this thread in it's proper place so I don't have to bump it. If there is enough people maybe we can have a entry fee and have  Trophies or Plaques for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.  For anyone that doesn't know what(KYL) Know Your Limit Challenge is (Check YouTube)  It's 8 steel reactive  targets on an A Frame starting at 2" and working it's way down in 1/4" increments shot at 50 yards. Each target has a point value you can stop at any target and keep the points you have accumulated if you keep shooting to clear all 8 targets and you miss you get Zero points for that string. Turnout will determine how many strings we will shoot winner will be determined by Total Score of all strings shot. You must shoot .22 ammo that's no faster than 1400 FPS anything faster will destroy the targets.  If we get enough interest I will post the Rules.  Keith

When:  Sunday July 1st, 2018 8:30AM

Participants:

1. Shortfuse + 3
  2. Tarhunt + Tarhunt's son
  3. BowhunterNJ
  4. Haskell_Hunter
  5. Pathman
  6. 1957Buck
  7. Shootemthenmountem
  8. Bones (tentative)
  9. mightyhunter
  10. 51smd (July 1st)
  11. RPK0620 (July 1st or 8th)
  12. Steve's Daughter Jessie and Joe
  13. 230jhp

Colliers Mills Gun Range:

cm-gun-range.png

Youtube Video of a KYL Shoot:

7 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

Hi Keith, sounds good. Sundays are better for my son and myself. But, whatever works best.

Hey John we may get a petition going to ban the RINGER you call your Son :rofl:

Edited by Shortfuse

I maybe out that weekend. I'm supposed to help my oldest son move into my mom's place that weekend down in Virginia. I'll double check with my son. It may be the 23rd.

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Sounds Great The last shoot was a success with a Crowning. All in fun.  There were Rimfires of many descriptions and Levels. from high end to Basic being shot.  Not actually a Competition.  IMO if Entre Fees are put in place Divisions will have to be put in place to level the field. And Chose the level one wants to Compete in.  If Colliers Mills is not the Choice Range 14 at Fort Dix has better facilities and Range Choice From Restrooms to Shooting Stations. Arrangements will have to be made but it assures exclusive use All based on Participation and interests. I am sure there will be Suggestions as you Idea gains support.  

BurgerKingCrown.jpg

pix584896269.jpg

24743976_1.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

So far everyone that's contacted me wants Sunday so maybe we can do Sunday July 1 or Sunday July 8 if this gets more traction I'll post some Rules right now I'm concentrating on building the Target. Anyone that want's to contact me off the forum my # is 732-678-6706

Edited by Shortfuse