Shortfuse

NJW&W 1st Annual Stevo Memorial KYL Rimfire Challenge - July 1st, 2018 8:30AM

We are looking to gauge interest in a  Know Your Limit Rimfire Shoot that we will call the Annual  Stevo Memorial KYL Rimfire Challenge I think Matt can put this thread in it's proper place so I don't have to bump it. If there is enough people maybe we can have a entry fee and have  Trophies or Plaques for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.  For anyone that doesn't know what(KYL) Know Your Limit Challenge is (Check YouTube)  It's 8 steel reactive  targets on an A Frame starting at 2" and working it's way down in 1/4" increments shot at 50 yards. Each target has a point value you can stop at any target and keep the points you have accumulated if you keep shooting to clear all 8 targets and you miss you get Zero points for that string. Turnout will determine how many strings we will shoot winner will be determined by Total Score of all strings shot. You must shoot .22 ammo that's no faster than 1400 FPS anything faster will destroy the targets.  If we get enough interest I will post the Rules.  Keith

When:  Sunday July 1st, 2018 8:30AM

Participants:

1. Shortfuse + 3
  2. Tarhunt + Tarhunt's son
  3. BowhunterNJ
  4. Haskell_Hunter
  5. Pathman
  6. 1957Buck
  7. Shootemthenmountem
  8. Bones (tentative)
  9. mightyhunter
  10. 51smd (July 1st)
  11. RPK0620 (July 1st or 8th)
  12. Steve's Daughter Jessie and Joe
  13. 230jhp

Colliers Mills Gun Range:

cm-gun-range.png

Youtube Video of a KYL Shoot:

• Like 6

Hi Keith, sounds good. Sundays are better for my son and myself. But, whatever works best.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

Hi Keith, sounds good. Sundays are better for my son and myself. But, whatever works best.

Hey John we may get a petition going to ban the RINGER you call your Son :rofl:

Edited by Shortfuse

2 minutes ago, Shortfuse said:

Hey John we may get a petition going to ban the RINGER you call your Son :rofl:

He says that's he's in and you better be prepared.  LOL!

• Like 1

Keith, this sounds like a great idea!  Let's kick around some dates and figure out a good time that fits for most people's schedules.  Maybe those Northern guys and gals will come down and show us they can do more than swing axes! :stirring: :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Who's got a little .22 eye candy to show off? :)

Here's a few

_22s.JPG.b1af57ee334daf079eb69d5088b21573.JPG

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey Keith, I’m in! But I can only make it if it’s on Sunday. Thanks for getting this going. 

Edited by Pathman

Here are a few .22’s I’ve built for your viewing pleasure! 

E132A633-8A47-4CF8-90B6-68B53E971882.jpeg

13DFC2F3-6308-462B-A69D-1C98378AD42A.jpeg

D8D0ECF4-18E3-4A8C-A6E9-5D043D50C140.jpeg

6857611D-F5AD-409A-B9B3-6879321C99E8.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I maybe out that weekend. I'm supposed to help my oldest son move into my mom's place that weekend down in Virginia. I'll double check with my son. It may be the 23rd.

Edited by Tarhunt

Posted (edited)

Sounds Great The last shoot was a success with a Crowning. All in fun.  There were Rimfires of many descriptions and Levels. from high end to Basic being shot.  Not actually a Competition.  IMO if Entre Fees are put in place Divisions will have to be put in place to level the field. And Chose the level one wants to Compete in.  If Colliers Mills is not the Choice Range 14 at Fort Dix has better facilities and Range Choice From Restrooms to Shooting Stations. Arrangements will have to be made but it assures exclusive use All based on Participation and interests. I am sure there will be Suggestions as you Idea gains support.  

BurgerKingCrown.jpg

pix584896269.jpg

24743976_1.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

Hopefully, BCSaw doesn't see this. LOL!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

So far everyone that's contacted me wants Sunday so maybe we can do Sunday July 1 or Sunday July 8 if this gets more traction I'll post some Rules right now I'm concentrating on building the Target. Anyone that want's to contact me off the forum my # is 732-678-6706

Edited by Shortfuse

1 hour ago, Shortfuse said:

So far everyone that's contacted me wants Sunday so maybe we can do Sunday July 1 or Sunday July 8 if this gets more traction I'll post some Rules right now I'm concentrating on building the Target. Anyone that want's to contact me off the forum my # is 732-678-6706

Dam wish I was still working I could have built some Metal Targets.  these go for Just $20 on Amazon Prime targets are from 4 1/4 to 2----- 1/8 thick for 22 rim fire only I an ordering the 3 target one for myself.   I guess I will have to get a hunting Lic. so My daughter and I can shoot at colliers Range have to find out if allowed at 14 at Dix. the better option. 

61zrpTARtoL._SL1296_.jpg

617Nc85zi8L._SL1000_.jpg

Updated the main post, added Sunday July 8th and struck out Saturday June 30th given the conflicts.  Let's keep working out the list of those interested and a good date for all, then we'll hone out the rules! :up:

2 hours ago, 1957Buck said:

I am IN 

Alright, you're in!  List updated.  If I miss anyone, be sure to chime in :up:

These are the guys who made the targets in the video:

Don't have Facebook so I can't see anything more, but if your project falls apart (like most of mine), you could call them and get a working replacement (which I find myself doing often).

My most accurate .22 is a Kimber 82 Government and my Savage Mark 2.

20161231_200114.jpg

20170101_112346.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I will be there Keith....I have to warn you....I am bringing my stock Remington 597:bonk:

July first would work for me

Edited by Shootemthenmountem
date

3 hours ago, Shortfuse said:

this is the progress on the target

1821169441_kyl1.JPG.e9080d8528e2b6fef71d83f32d4e1657.JPG1195911963_kyltarget.JPG.9203420963cdd39c9bc4a125752941e0.JPG

Can you make the far right target a little bigger so I could see it? LOL!

• Like 1