JHbowhunter

Cat attack on the big "D"

Posted (edited)

Well my son is home from RU - wanted to go fishing in worst way today. He had no desire to go fishing  yesterday in the cold drizzle, but this afternoon was really nice.  I prefer shad - but he wants River Monsters.. I compromised and hooked up the boat although most of me wanted to just wade and cast for shad. We anchored in a main shad funnel 4:20 pm in  7' of water and caught a nice roe shad but it never turned into anything worthwhile.  5PM we made the switch and went to the cat spot and immediately connected on a 13.5 lb female channel cat that was released as were the next 11 cats after that and even losing some bigger fish along the way. Great cat action several doubles - quit around 7:45 when I can't see anymore and know it's time to get the boat ashore but the bite was just getting better!   Was great to bond with my 21 yr old, he has many other things on his mind so when i can get him fishing its a plus and he had an absolute awesome time and he  drank all my damn beer!

IMG_7548.JPG

IMG_7529 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7546.JPG

IMG_7528 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7532 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7536 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7538.JPG

IMG_7539.JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter
  • Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Awesome time spent with your son Jack.

Well done, great pics! :up::up:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Now those are some nice cats :up: congrats 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Time well spent Dad.  You hammered them cats, some real nice fish there.  :up:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, 1957Buck said:

Great---- time for some Cornmeal Fish fry 

thought about it - the smaller ones taste better, but was happy to let the big girl go to lay those egg in a few weeks time. Kept a 5lb cat on stringer but in the end decided to even let him go just didn't feel like fileting catfish by time I got home 9pm...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

thought about it - the smaller ones taste better, but was happy to let the big girl go to lay those egg in a few weeks time. Kept a 5lb cat on stringer but in the end decided to even let him go just didn't feel like fileting catfish by time I got home 9pm...

Tip on preparing them Skin and remove the Dark stripe in the center of the Fellet I do the same with bluefish. make sure there is no blood left Soak in the Refer overnight in lightly salted water with some lemon juice.  Dry Flour dip in egg wash Cornmeal Quick Fry in Lard, not oils.  

• Like 1

Very cool! Nice cats you and your son caught. They are a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Nice but not the cat attack I was looking for

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rgw said:

Nice but not the cat attack I was looking for

Cat attack Where ???????

30729414_2078205122437262_7615116955637928209_n.jpg

• Haha 5

Great nite for sure.

Looks like we need to get a cooler of bunker and do some serious chunking there

Nice catfish! Congrats! I used to fish the Delaware hard for cats. Have not done that in a dozen years or so. Caught some nice cats with a few small stripers thrown in.  So much fun! 

Very nice :up: It is crazy how fast they grow up and we are left to wonder  where the time went.

• Like 1