While fishing a deep cold spring fed pond for wild browns, I caught these two nice smallmouth 3/1/2 and 4 lb. . But the real story is what followed one of these girls in ! It had to be a 7lb. smallie ! Fish were released.102_0372.thumb.JPG.255a2d1c33d33f55bd408f2e91361ab0.JPG102_0374.thumb.JPG.6af7950aedfb325130ccdd2463f3e375.JPG

• Like 12

Really nice Smallies  awesome!  Seeing a 7 pounder had to be cool as hell. Maybe next time you will get him. Congrats! 

• Like 1

Thanks! She was a monster, we have fished Dale Hollow and Wattsbar and this was as big a small as I've ever seen!

Great fish FLDBRED.  :up:

• Like 1

Awesome nice work ! Congrats ! My personal best smallie was just over 6 lbs , I bet that other one was a monster !!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bad64chevelle said:

Awesome nice work ! Congrats ! My personal best smallie was just over 6 lbs , I bet that other one was a monster !!!

Yep...I'll be thinking about all night! lol.

love the smallmouths - one of my favorite fish. Good luck on the bigger one, that will be a tackle buster for sure and probably jump and shake until you give up :}

• Like 1

Congrats. Nice smallies. Love catching them 

• Like 1

Nice fish FLDBRED, Hey if the bass were in season and you caught that monster, would you keep it , figuring it might be a record ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mink said:

Nice fish FLDBRED, Hey if the bass were in season and you caught that monster, would you keep it , figuring it might be a record ?

No, maybe in my younger days! Now I would measure and weigh it then release it.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1