IGNORED

GUILT OVERLOAD - I have a confession!

JHbowhunter

Thawed out a pack of venison steaks to grill tonight after a quick 2 hours shad fishing session.   I don't know what the hell happened but I totally overcooked them.   This never happens.     EVER.    Rubbed them with some Kansas City steak rub, smashed them a bit (beat the meat) they were looking good - should have eaten them raw, instead there was not even a semblance of pink anywhere - and had the consistency of leather. 

Where do I go from here?  Age 53, is this my first senior moment?  Do I start wetting myself now?      WTF?

I overcooked perfectly viable venison steaks.     Sorry no pics - just could not bring myself to do it. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

14 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

SEE , you were probably still thinking about all those $20 dollar shad you were throwing back.

while trying to remember how the china man told you how to cook the shad after selling the eggs  LOL

no he told me they are freezing the eggs and shipping to china - $200 a fish, and that shad were once a great fish in China, but now they are extinct... Wonder why?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

46 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

no he told me they are freezing the eggs and shipping to china - $200 a fish, and that shad were once a great fish in China, but now they are extinct... Wonder why?

$200 each..... im take time off from work to catch and ship shad over seas