IGNORED

Redneck Blinds Soft Sided Guille Blind

dlist777

I just put up a 6x6 Redneck Blind Softside Ghille Blind for next season.  I have a field on one of my properties and there is one side of the field I can't really find a decent tree to get in.  So, I wanted to set up a permanent blind.  However, I mainly need something I can put up myself and I'm not a big DIY guy.  Redneck Blinds has tons of good permanent blinds, but they are pretty expensive and look like a real chore to set up.  I ordered their softside ghille blind and put it up.  I thought I'd share some thoughts.  

The idea behind this blind is you build the skeleton and leave in the field (either on the ground or on a platform).  You take the soft side off on the off-season but leave it on all season.  The blind cost $500.  I needed to be elevated so I also purchased their DIY platform stand.  The platform stand comes with the platform and ladder and brackets to put in the wood.  You have to buy the wood (4x4's and 2x4's).  You can use 4 foot 4x4's to get about 3.5 feet off the ground or 8 foot 4x4's to get 7.5 feet off the ground.  They have other platform options too.  A metal 5 foot and a metal 10 foot. 

My review so far is that this thing is really good:

Set Up:  I did it by myself.  I did it over 2 half-days.  First half-day I set up the platform (I had cut the wood to size at home but otherwise built in the field).  Second half-day was the blind.  Instructions were great.  Everything fit together where it was supposed to.  They give you plenty of extra hardware when you inevitably drop some.  A second person really wouldn't have helped much.  If you went with 8 feet 4x4's you might want some help setting up the platform...at least the final lift.  

Product:  High quality stuff.  You put the softside on the top and it zippers down.  Tons of bungees and velcro to hook it to the skeleton.  It's not going anywhere.  Each side has a window that unzips.  The corners have a floor to ceiling thin window that unzippers too.  Then, there are curtains you put on the inside that are see through and slide up and down.  And, it is silent.  

I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for something more permanent than a pop up but don't want to go to a full fiberglass blind.  

1.jpeg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Looks good!  How are the size of the windows ? Can you shoot out of them w/ a compound bow? Also, is there a door you can lock?

Edited by Cousin Brown

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, Cousin Brown said:

Looks good!  How are the size of the windows ? Can you shoot out of them w/ a compound bow? Also, is there a door you can lock?

You could definitely stand and shoot with compound...the corner windows are basically floor to ceiling.   Door is zipper.