IGNORED

Hog hunts??

Me and a buddy are thinking about going south for a hog hunt in a month or two... anyone ever go on a fairly cheap hog hunt that has any input? Ideally would be the Carolinas or closer.... good bass fishing close by would be a bonus. Hog hunts seem pretty cheap and fun and a good way to kill some time in the off season. Any suggestions or tips will be appreciated 

Carolinas/Georgia you are really talking about night hunting with night vision equipment. Pigs are nocturnal and it gets worse once temps go up, which is now. Another option, if you like this type of thing is hunting with dogs.

Red Bluff Lodge in SC is a great place.  The owner (Jim Boone) is awesome.  But, I'm not sure it's cheap.  T&M Hunting Properties is one in NC that has really good reviews.  I've never been to T&M though....

The best hog hunting will be where they have the most hogs, Florida, Texas, and California. Georgia is a very close second. I have never hunted in South Carolina, but I do know they are getting firmly established there.

The most comfortable time to hunt in these states is February-March. Summer hunting in these states is going to be brutal, not to mention the mosquitoes. The hogs aren't going to be moving much in the summer, just dawn & dusk, mostly at night unless you go after them with dogs, but it's too hot to run dogs in the summer also.

If you want to hunt with dogs, send me a PM, and I can send you the names of a couple outfitters I know & recommend.

Good luck!

Edited by Stan Putz

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

Jager Pro in Ga. $550 a hunt unlimited hogs on private farms, their ar10s with thermal. I have lots of places in ga to hunt but once turkey season came in end of March even I cant get on the farms til june or july then im off once deer comes in. Best hunting is at night but any outfitter for hogs will have them.cominv to feeders in am and dusk just like deer. Remember they are pigs so food and sex is all they want so if you get a hot sow visitinv feeders the boars will come check, boars usually dont feed or hang out they cruise thru. Mosquitos suck all year even in feb and march im using my thermacell. 

4 hours ago, mattg1500 said:

Jager Pro in Ga. $550 a hunt unlimited hogs on private farms, their ar10s with thermal. I have lots of places in ga to hunt but once turkey season came in end of March even I cant get on the farms til june or july then im off once deer comes in. Best hunting is at night but any outfitter for hogs will have them.cominv to feeders in am and dusk just like deer. Remember they are pigs so food and sex is all they want so if you get a hot sow visitinv feeders the boars will come check, boars usually dont feed or hang out they cruise thru. Mosquitos suck all year even in feb and march im using my thermacell. 

"their AR10's" that means provided by the outfitter?

1 hour ago, 230jhp said:

"their AR10's" that means provided by the outfitter?

Yes. They take you to a range by a trailer park and go over how to operate the thermal scope and make you shoot off sticks until you feel comfortable then they take you to get some bbq then you hunt from sunset to sun rise.  Very coolguys and i can provide references if youd like.  Most outfitters are 1 hog limit maybe 2, they are opposite. Stack em up!