IGNORED

Steelhead on the Salmon River

On Friday I bailed out of work a little early and headed to Altmar NY.  I fished with a guide on Saturday and Sunday.  River was moving way to fast for me to attempt bank fishing.  On Saturday, I had 8 good runs with 3 ending up in the boat (2 released).  Sunday was miserable with wind and snow.  Hands were frozen and once I had a good fish in the boat I called it a day.  I grilled some of the fish last night, and the rest will end up in the smoker after work today.

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

On the way home I was cruising on 80 at highway speed, there was something that caused a major slow down (waze picked it up and I knew about it).  I was on the brakes when I got rear ended by a mother with 2 kids in child seats in the car. Everybody is OK but she slammed me pretty good.  Suburban will require a new bumper and trailer hitch.  Got a little bit of a headache today, but all is good.

9591C2D8-029F-462B-983C-C5C0F740DAC4.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

Edited by tjfslaughter

Nice day on the boat and some quality steel , sucks about the drive home glad everyone was alright. 

We were up there last week before the water went up and did good , had to do a lot of walking to find active fish but well worth it. I always enjoy a drift trip but we had too many guys with us for it to make sense. We hit a mix of drop backs and fresh chromers most of ours were on fresh bags and centerpinning.  Who did you go with ? 

Edited by OMC

Sorry to hear about the homeward bound accident. Still, it's good to see the fish are still holding up high in the river. Nice pics of Fraziers and Ellis Cove areas. I guess this late spring has slowed down their outbound migration. Kudos on getting into them!

21 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Nice steelies!!!  That's on my bucket list! :up:

Sorry about the accident...looks like your Suburban won in that accident...one benefit to driving around in a bigger truck/suv!  Glad everyone was OK!

After I got hit I pulled over and saw the damage to her car.  I called the State Police, then my wife.  After that I thought dammit, now I am going to have to buy a new truck  assuming mine was totaled in the rear.  I got out and the bumper has a dent and I will have to replace the hitch but other than that no substantial damage to the body/frame, etc.  Her insurance and I already settled up and the check is in the mail.  I will swap out the hitch myself.