IGNORED

HeviShot Magnum Blend vs Winchester Long Beard XR

BHC

Has anyone gone from using the HeviShot Magnum Blend 3.5" (5,6,7) to using the Long Beard XR 3.5" #5?

I've been using the the above mentioned HeviShot with the HeviShot Turkey choke with excellent results, I know those Long Beards XR are really good, and they are cheaper  and more cost effective. I also saw videos comparing them side by side and they both seem somewhat equal, but like to to know the opinions of members here that have shot both

Edited by BHC

Sorry I don't have experience with those particular shells but I did do a side by side comparison of the 3" 20ga blend versus the 3" Winchester xr #6 at 25 yards for my kids turkey guns.  Both were dense, uniform patterns. Confident in both. I buy the hevi shot when on sale and use a rebate. And Winchester ammo has always done well for me. 

Nick

just bought a 20 ga and got a heavyshot EF choke for it.   The heavyshot mix in 3" shot high and right, the winchester #6 were all over the place and the cheapest of them all Remington Nitro Turkey load shot great.  Prob don't help ya much, but that's my experience with them.

Both pattern about the same out of my guns, but the Mag Blend hits harder, especially if you're trying to reach out past 40 yards. Why not use the better of the options, we're only talking $4/shot, and you shouldn't need more than 1 shot per bird.

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

I tried the triple beard and hated it with multiple chokes.   Went to long beard xr 5s n they shot well with tite wad choke.   This year wnt to 6s in 3.5s with long beard choke n these are my 25 40 and 65 yrds Patten out of a stoeger 3500.

20180402_163657.jpg

20180402_163717.jpg

20180402_163714.jpg