IGNORED

Log Splitter Reviews Wanted

electric10162

10 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I am sure they can do it, I can too. but no single man, I don't care who it is, can compete with a splitter.

I used to bust my brother's chops by challenging him and his splitter.  I would make 2 equal piles and we would race to see who split the pile quickest.  

Those splitters are so slow.  :shakehead:

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

6 lber is perfect for wood that is straight and splits easy. I keep swinging the 8 all the time

The 8 blows the logs across the yard and the head gets buried into the dirt.  I like the control of a 6 better.   

46 minutes ago, Rusty said:

If you're north of 80 host a wood cutting day at your place.  Tell HH that he can have a truck load of wood if he brings home-brew.  If he brings it they will come.  

The splitting will take place in Sayreville next to my girl's place. Not sure if the neighbor would like a splitting fest LOL.

Unfortunately, the time is what kills me.....I still need to get my plots in.

9 hours ago, LPJR said:

Yes. This is devastation at it's finest. Wood splits when it approaches the pile, no joke.....

This is true.  Lou hit that log one time with that maul and look what happened to the log.  The look on Lou's face says it all. 

Lou splitting.jpg

Edited by Rusty

I own a 35 ton huskee log splitter. from tractor supply. funny story, I went there and paid for a 28 ton splitter. when I pulled around front to hook up and take it home, an employee told me that their only 28 ton left in stock was broken. so they gave me a 35 ton splitter for the price of a 28 ton. good deal. that being said, the 35 ton has split many  cords of wood. at one point I was even selling split firewood after sandy because I had so much of it. 

now, like some, I really enjoy splitting by hand. there is something about it. like others said. its a great exercise. and the satisfaction that you split the wood. 

I understand you want the wood split in a timely manner. again I love the 35 ton huskee splitter I have. I did the routine services and it still starts up and runs like new. this log splitter is now 6 years old. starts up after 2 pulls.