hunterbob1

Califon troutfest

I saw the sign today on the way to the Tewkesbury fishing Derby.   I am hoping to go to troutfest.

what do the have a pond or something stocked for the kids

17 hours ago, rgw said:

what do the have a pond or something stocked for the kids

I'm sorry I don't understand your question, please feel free to reinterat with further inquiries of interest.

i assume its a kids fishing derby or something. i know some towns stock ponds for the kids

If it's the same as last year, there will be fishing vendors selling stuff, someone playing music and people fishing.  I went last year and there were around 30 guys/ladies at the park not a big deal.   Definitely was not a fishing contest but that may be a different event. 

On 4/29/2018 at 4:30 PM, rgw said:

i assume its a kids fishing derby or something. i know some towns stock ponds for the kids

That's correct,it's the 2nd year.It's organized by califon area merchants and professionals.[CAMPA].Fishing area is from califon island park downstream through califon pond on river rd.7:30 is the registration time.The kids 15 and under fish the derby from 8-12.The contest is held by shannon's , create your own fly with help from shannon's and fish from 1-4 biggest trout caught and released wins the cash prize.

And hey you can go into Rambos and get those hot dogs with the cheese inside........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, not on the rug said:

Will Ken Beam be there?  I think he's a native Califonian

Yes he grew up there,talked to him, don't think he will.