IGNORED

2nd season clover growth

No need to protect clover, I've never had a clover plot that couldn’t withstand the deer pressure. The tender new growth from them constantly eating it makes it even more attractive to the Deer. Your clovers looking real good. I have a bunch of clover plots. Having some perennial plots make it a lot easier to get all the plots and chores done in a timely fashion especially when your a 1000 miles away from your farm.  It’s a no brainer and the deer love it.  I still mostly use Imperiel whitetail clover, they just seem to hit it a bit harder than my Ladino /Alice clover plots. I also love my throw and mow cereal rye plots. Quick and easy, and the Deer hit it hard all fall and winter. It’s a major attractant. 

43 minutes ago, JerseyJaysTaxidermy said:

I dont see deer in it.. but they will come once fawns are dropped I'm sure.
I dont have any deer hitting my minerals either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Was there Deer in it last year? My Clover gets hammered early spring when nothing else is greened up yet, but as spring progresses they have so many options, but honestly, they should still be stopping by for s nibble. 

I started it last year so it didnt green up and get hit til june .. I saw 1 deer in it night before last with a flashlight as I was filling my generator. Deer are not bedding close by yet.. could be due to a family of fox that are denned up under my neighbors shes close to my clovers? Maybe they dont wanna drop fawns so close to fox?
Last year I had 2 does and 3 fawns here nightly after dark and sometimes for a quick bite in daylight. This year so far 0 deer around. I know they made it through the hunting season. Hope they didnt die to the deep snow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wow Jay looks really good and even better this year.    I am seeing a lot of deer activity on the minerals, I am sure they will sniff out that clover eventually, you aren't too far from natural bedding.    

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

On 5/19/2018 at 8:16 AM, tcook8296 said:

Deer are laying low right now as they are having their fawns. I usually see 30 to 40 deer feeding in the clover by me and they have vanished. Fawns popping up now. 

It always amazes me while there fawning how the hundreds of Deer I see in my daily travels just vanish.  

• 2 weeks later...