IGNORED

H.r ultra. Trifecta

2 hours ago, hunterdan199 said:

Ammo all over Internet why archer you got gun for sale ?

Not quite. I found one place that looks like has them and I bet if you contact them they don't have them. Hastings has been out of business for about 8 to 10 years. If you look closely at some of the sites they say "no longer available" That 3.5" shell will be a goner soon. 

Edited by archer36

Not bragging but I was one of the first people to buy an H+R slug gun. I first bought a 12 ga and then a 20 ga. I took it out to sight in with my friend and he went out and bought one immediately. Soon afterwards, it was the hottest selling slug gun around. IMO, it was the PRICE of the gun that made it popular. Yes, it was accurate. But it was mostly inexpensive. I bought my first one with a cheap scope on it for about $250. I sold the 20 ga first because my Son lost interest in hunting and the 20 ga was popular. Then I sold my 12 ga some years later. The H+R Ultra Slug Gun was a very good value and easily affordable for most people. That was it's claim to fame. A lot of guns had the same accuracy but at a much higher price. Nice collection. I think the pursuit of the 3.5" is unnecessary unless you just want it as a novelty. 

7 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Not bragging but I was one of the first people to buy an H+R slug gun. I first bought a 12 ga and then a 20 ga. I took it out to sight in with my friend and he went out and bought one immediately. Soon afterwards, it was the hottest selling slug gun around. IMO, it was the PRICE of the gun that made it popular. Yes, it was accurate. But it was mostly inexpensive. I bought my first one with a cheap scope on it for about $250. I sold the 20 ga first because my Son lost interest in hunting and the 20 ga was popular. Then I sold my 12 ga some years later. The H+R Ultra Slug Gun was a very good value and easily affordable for most people. That was it's claim to fame. A lot of guns had the same accuracy but at a much higher price. Nice collection. I think the pursuit of the 3.5" is unnecessary unless you just want it as a novelty. 

What day you buy yours? Pretty sure I bought mine the day before you.

20 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

What day you buy yours? Pretty sure I bought mine the day before you.

Ha Ha, I said "one of the first". I bought it at one of the Sportsman Center Jamboree's. Don't remember what year. Saw it in their flyer. Went there and bought it.  The price was right an I liked the heavy barrel. 

Edited by archer36

Those guns are nice, but they are not magic wands of deer killing... I have found several slug guns capable of great accuracy. Truth be told most of my deer killed via shot gun are inside bow range of 30-50 yards, so any mossy 500 remmy 870 with truball slugs would be minute of deer.

Your guns are very nice.

Koz

Edited by koz

5 hours ago, koz said:

Those guns are nice, but they are not magic wands of deer killing... I have found several slug guns capable of great accuracy. Truth be told most of my deer killed via shot gun are inside bow range of 30-50 yards, so any mossy 500 remmy 870 with truball slugs would be minute of deer.

Your guns are very nice.

Koz

For years I chased the "long slug shot". Trying high velocity ammo to stretch out range. Then I said Why? There may be a rare instance where you may get a 15o yd shot at a deer. When it came down to it, probably 99% of deer I killed with a slug gun was under 75 yds. I did a complete about face. Zero at 50 yds and use heavy, moderate velocity slugs. Bad medicine.