IGNORED

"Snakehead Wranglin` in the Dark"

KenBeam--SnakeHeads.jpg.f54bf8a27b968efc2b60c1a8381cf017.jpg

Well well...... look who the wind blew into the swamps of South Jersey late last Sunday night. Yep....... yours truly. The plan was to go get into a little fly-fishin` with my good buddy Andrew Dopkin,..... but well,....that didn`t pan out too well as we caught zilch. So at 6;30pm he says, "Hey the hell with this, I feel bad ya drove 2.5 hours.....what do ya say we try to nail some SnakeHeads in the dark?" ---Now I`m always game to have a go at something new & goin` after these ferocious, toothy-critters in the darkness would be just that, I thought. So we headed down to Crown Point.......to see if we could pull this off in the cool, night-time Spring air on foot. Turned out to be a helluva good time as we caught 14 "Snakes" that night! And I took five home to meet my knife, then to meet my fryin` pan & the grill! Ended up rollin` in back home at around 1:30am. A fine night in the swamps indeed.

Hope this finds all of ya doin` well.........

Ken-

Ken-

*You can always see what I`m up too and follow me at; http://www.AdventuresWithKen.com

4 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

No need to post specific areas. Nothing like someone coming from 2.5 hrs away and broadcasting it on the internet. Us locals sure appreciate it

Pineyboy and I will be there tomorrow.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

5 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

No need to post specific areas. Nothing like someone coming from 2.5 hrs away and broadcasting it on the internet. Us locals sure appreciate it

Nice to know about the Snakeheads down there can you tell me how the Shad fishing is in the tidal areas?  Is there a good place to park off 130?

8 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Buckeyes, correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't more snakeheads that are caught be better? I believe they are a highly invasive fish according to what I have read......

http://www.onthewater.com/new-jersey-snakeheads

5 hours ago, Buckeyes11 said:

Your correct. Many people in our area target them and release them. That fishery isn’t going anywhere. Any tributary off of the river is loaded with them

If they taste better than the Stocked Rainbow Trout bring them on.   Never knew any fish could be so tasteless  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif