IGNORED

LAST MINUTE TURKEY

Live to Hunt

Today was an unbelievable hunt thanks to Thunderchicken. Your awesome Jay I really can’t say enough. You got me hooked. I have done a lot of hunting but, I never knew how awesome turkey hunting would be. We did 4 sits/setups and had birds around all day, they just would  not commit until 11:45 when it all finally came together.  Jay got us right in on these birds. This was one of my best hunts yet. I will let Jay tell a little bit more about the hunt. 

It was an awesome day Todd! The morning was tough and exciting with henned up birds. All of our set up's were good with lots of gobbling, but just couldn't get them to commit. We took off to our original spot around 11:00  and within 30 minutes we had to hammers coming across the field straight at us! Todd showed great composure as motion at the wrong time has saved many a turkeys life! lol   He was 10 feet away from us spitting, drumming and gobbling! We definitely had a front row seat for this crazy springtime action!!  The longbeard got behind our setup and Todd was able to spin around  with the cover of the tree  and give the gobbler a dirt nap!  22lbs, 9 1/4" beard and 1  1/4" hooks!  What a an awesome day!! And a true trophy bird!!

93C95A1C-CFDF-4013-B654-AFAC5EC0AD62.jpeg

79FDFA15-6EA3-4BCC-BC8D-2F355F2FA379.jpeg

Edited by Thunderchicken

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

THAT is what it is all about gentlemen! I heard the excitement in your voice last night when you were headed down to hunt Todd. :up:

Jay, great job guiding!  It is not easy to impress someone who has been literally all over the world hunting, but you did! Well done all the way around guys. Awesome. 

Edited by LPJR

2 minutes ago, LPJR said:

THAT is what it is all about gentleman! I heard the excitement in your voice last night when you were headed down to hunt Todd. :up:

Jay, great job guiding!  It is not easy to impress someone who has been literally all over the world hunting, but you did! Well done all the way around guys. Awesome. 

Thanks Lou. Hope you figure the video stuff out you can post my drunk antics. We got Rusty to:rofl:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈