IGNORED

My opener cancelled...4 yr old to hospital at 1 AM, then sewer line blockage problem

Bonefreak

AJ is ok, but my wife took him to Jersey Shore for stomach pains...and we were fearing something bad like appendicitis.  I stayed home with 12 yr old.  Drs did xrays and ultrasounds and said he had gas and was constipated. They were home at 330. So no one got any sleep. I woke up at 5 AM and considered going to a close spot but opted to stay in bed. 

Then, I leave to go to work through our laundry room and see this!!!  Must be a blockage between there and street and blocked up this morning's shower water.....any ideas of how much a drain cleanout will cost me!??!  Located in TR.

Another day in Shangri la 

20180423_081859.jpg

Check with your next store neighbors first and see if they have a problem too.  If so, it's the sewer in the street and it's the town's responsibility to unclog.  Give them a call.  If you're the only one, hope you have some money saved because you're going to get screwed.  When I checked for pricing late last year they quoted me $225.00 an hour with an hour minimum and it's OT after 4:00 and on weekends.  I passed but they showed up at my next store neighbors a couple of weeks later and charged her almost $800.00.   

UPDATE.....Lil AJ is feeling much better and we are relaxing at home.....thanks for all the kind words... .also, my neighbor gave me his pals number for a cleanout....nice guy....big time salt water fisherman. He sent a 1 1/4 inch snake down there about 30-40 feet and hit the blockage....upon retrieval of the snake, he discovered what he described as some "sewer rats" ...aka ....tampons!!!  And then the main culprit was discovered.....Clorox Wet Wipes!!! 

Yup, Mrs. Smarty Pants thought they are the same as the "flushable" baby wipes we used with the kids years ago!!!  And.....some of you may remember,  we recently got a new Beagle, Roxy, who been crappin in the house.....welp Mrs. Smarty Pants been cleaning up after Roxy with Clorox wipes and flushing them!!!  And she is the same Mrs. Smarty Pants who recntly totaled her Honda CRV and we now have a car payment!!!  Mrs. SP is batting a thousand lately......which means extra turkey huntin n fishin excursions for me with no bitchin!

Btw.....plumber said the only thing that should be flushed is toilet paper.....for anyone with their own Mrs. SP!!

Edited by Bonefreak