IGNORED

Long beard down

vdep217

833 story to come 

So  we had 5 birds hammering on roost than right before fly down we had a very aggressive hen start yelping and cutting when she hit the ground we knew it was gonna be tough to compete with the real thing.   Things wnt silent.   We picked up at 720 and made a loop.   Went to the other end of the piece and there was 6 Jake's and 1 hen together.   We drove on by and walked tword were we were set up in the morning.   Made a few yelps and about 2 minutes past n one gobbled from the direction we were earlier.   My buddy made a call and same spot a minute later one gobbled.   We waited about 10 minutesminutes and I pulled out the glass call.  This time he cut me off gobbling and we knew he was coming.   He hung up in a briar thicket about 80 yrds.  I started clucking soft ly as well as my buddy and he couldn't take it cane right through the thick stuff.   But behold a long beard at 40 yrds.  I had to wait until he cleared a tree and that was that I hit a bit low but base of neck.   When I shot a bird I never seen flew from the right.   We could have doubled but ny buddy passed on the Jake.   We worked another bird for him but got cut off by a hen.   Great day in the woods now what to do with the rest of my time off wiring for b week lol

20180423_084015.jpg

Edited by vdep217