IGNORED

Official NJ Woods & Water 2018 Adult Turkey Contest Teams, Entries & Scoreboard!

BowhunterNJ

1 hour ago, LPJR said:

Matt, hope this helps.......:up:

Step 2:

Measure each spur. Spurs must be measured along the outside center, from the point at which the spur protrudes from the scaled leg skin to the tip of the spur. Add both spur measurements and multiply the combined length of the spurs by 10. This is the number of points you receive for the turkey’s spurs.

Step 3:

Measure the beard length (a beard must be measured from the center point of the protrusion of the skin to the tip) and convert it to decimal form.

Next, multiply the beard length figure by 2; this is the number of points you receive for the beard length. If you have an atypical bird (multiple beards), measure each beard, convert them to a decimal number, then add those figures together and multiply by two. This is the number of points you receive for your turkey’s beards.

That's for the NWTF scoring, right?  I meant for the NJDFW tagging where they only have one box for spur length (vs left spur and right spur) and one box for beard length.  

vdep217 for example put 5/8 spurs in his post, but his NJDFW form says 5/8 spur length...wouldn't it be 5/8 + 5/8 on the form (1 inch and 2/8)?

Was your turkey also 5/8 each, or was it 1 and 2/8 each?

2 hours ago, BowhunterNJ said:

That's for the NWTF scoring, right?  I meant for the NJDFW tagging where they only have one box for spur length (vs left spur and right spur) and one box for beard length.  

vdep217 for example put 5/8 spurs in his post, but his NJDFW form says 5/8 spur length...wouldn't it be 5/8 + 5/8 on the form (1 inch and 2/8)?

Was your turkey also 5/8 each, or was it 1 and 2/8 each?

Got you now. I even addressed this at the check station when my bird was checked. The spurs (like some birds) were different. One  was 1 1/4" and the other was 1 1/8". Only space for one on the DFW form, as you said. However, there are 2 spaces for the NWTF calculator  which gives the proper total score. I actually called John (Buck154) when tallying it for clarification. He is spot on and helpful with this scoring. We should designate Buck154 as the official W&W score master/guru. 

Edited by LPJR

got it done today  23 1/2 lbs 9 1/2 beard     nwtf score is 70

received_10156285092269481[1].jpeg

20180426_061442[1].jpg

20180426_074746[1].jpg

20180426_123220[1].jpg

Edited by resquecfd
a member on here caught i used the wrong tag so i callled fish and game and was told to fill out the right tag which i did and attached a pic here, thank you for the message even the check in station didnt catch it